The ports that need to be forwarded for SA-MP Server are listed here:
SA-MP Server - PC
- TCP: 7777
- UDP: 7777
Set Up a Port Forward for SA-MP Server
You might need to forward some ports in your router when you use SA-MP Server. By forwarding ports you allow connection requests coming from the internet to be directed to SA-MP Server.
By default routers do not allow incoming network requests. By forwarding a port you can overcome this limitation.
Before Forwarding a Port
You need to know the following things before you can forward a port:
- Your router's internal IP address.
- The internal IP address of your computer.
- The TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
Locate Your Router's IP Address
To find your router's IP address the easy way you can use our free Router Detector software. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
You can also follow our Find Your Router IP Address article.
Setting Up a Port Forward for SA-MP Server
You can use our Network Utilities software to automatically forward ports for you. Our Network Utilities software allows you to add port forwards and also remove them when you no longer need them to maximize your network security.
Another option is to go through the process of forwarding ports one step at a time. The process for forwarding a port is:
- Start by logging in to your router.
- Look for the port forwarding section in your router.
- Type your computer's IP address into the correct box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for SA-MP Server in the corresponding boxes in your router.
Usually you have to reboot your router in order to save the changes.
You can choose your router from our list to see exactly how to forward ports for SA-MP Server:
List of Routers - Customized for SA-MP Server
Those are the steps for forwarding ports in your router for SA-MP Server.