Your Sagemcom Com Hem Fast 3686 V3ch router has a firewall that protects your home network from unwanted Internet access. The firewall does this by blocking incoming and outgoing connections (ports) that are not authorized. Some online games and programs work much better when you open additional ports. The process of opening more ports is called a port forward.
In this guide we will walk you through every step of the port forwarding process for the Sagemcom Com Hem Fast 3686 V3ch router. These steps include:
- How to setup a static IP address for the exact device you plan on forwarding these ports to.
- How to login to the Sagemcom Com Hem Fast 3686 V3ch router.
- How to find the port forwarding section of the router.
- How to make a port forward entry on the Sagemcom Com Hem Fast 3686 V3ch router.
It is important to setup a static ip address in the device that you are forwarding a port to. This ensures that your ports will remain open even after your device reboots.
- Recommended - Our free program will setup a static IP address for you. Download Network Utilities today!
- Or, follow our Static IP Address Setup guides.
After setting up a static ip address on your devices you need to login to your router.
TIP: Write this static IP address down. You need it a little later in the process.
The Sagemcom Com Hem Fast 3686 V3ch router uses a web interface to make router setting changes. The first step to logging into your router is to open a web browser. It normally doesn't matter which browser you decide to use, I recommend picking one you are most familiar with. Common choices are Internet Explorer, Safari, Chrome, and Firefox.
After you have opened the web browser, find the address bar. This is normally at the top of the page, like this:
Above is an example of what a web browser address bar looks like. Find the address bar in your router and type in your router's IP address.
The default Sagemcom Com Hem Fast 3686 V3ch IP address is: 192.168.0.1
Once you have entered the router's IP address, press the Enter key on the keyboard. This should give you an authentication page like this:
If you do not see an authentication page like the one you see here, you need to figure out what the router's IP address is. To do this follow the directions on our How To Find Your Router's IP Address page.
You need to enter a username and password here.
- The Default Sagemcom Fast 3686 V3ch Router Username is: admin
- The Default Sagemcom Fast 3686 V3ch Router Password is: password
Username and Password Trouble...
If you find yourself stuck and unable to gain access to the Sagemcom Com Hem Fast 3686 V3ch router there are a few things you can try:
- Try other Sagemcom passwords. Router manufacturers are always updating the router's firmware so if your username and password did not work, it may have been updated and changed. Here is our list of common Default Sagemcom Router Passwords.
- If that did not work it is probably because you changed the router's username and password in the past and don't remember what it was changed to. Try guessing a few times, or try our Find Password App. Learn more about it on this page.
- Finally, if nothing else works, it may be time to consider a factory reset for the Sagemcom Com Hem Fast 3686 V3ch router. Do not reset the router unless you have absolutely no other options. A reset erases everything you have ever changed in the past. A full reconfiguration of the router will be needed after a factory reset is complete. Learn the basics of resetting a router on this How to Reset a Router page.
You should now be logged in and looking at the router interface. It is time to find the port forwarding section of the device. To find this page we begin on the Status page:
From this page, click the option at the top labeled ROUTER.
You should now see a page like the one above. Click the option in the left sidebar labeled Advanced. Then under that select the option of PORT FORWARDING.
You should now see a page similar to the one above. This is where you need to be in order to make a port forward on the Sagemcom Com Hem Fast 3686 V3ch router.
Here are the ports to forward for Xbox Live:
- TCP Ports: 3074
- UDP Ports: 3074
If you are looking for the ports for a different application you can find it by either:
You need to name this entry in the Name box. The name does not make any difference in the forward; it's just there so that you can remember later why you setup this forward.
If you are forwarding a range of ports separated by a hyphen then enter the lowest number of that range into the Start Port box and the highest number of that range into the End Port box. If you are only forwarding a single port number then enter that number into both the Start Port and the End Port boxes.
The protocol that you want to forward is selected from the Protocol box.
Enter the IP address that you want to forward these ports to into the Local IP Address box. Note that if you are forwarding ports so you can run a program on a device other than your computer then you can enter your device's IP address into that box instead.
When you are done click the Add button.
Don't forget to click the Add button after each port forward entry.
Test if Your Ports are Open
Now that you have forwarded ports on the Sagemcom Com Hem Fast 3686 V3ch you should test to see if your ports are forwarded correctly.
To test if your port has been properly forwarded, you can use our Network Utilities tool, which includes a free Open Port Checker. Our Open Port Check tool is the only online port checking tool with Guaranteed Results.
Here at portforward.com we have more than just port forwarding guides. Check out our networking, software, and gaming guides here.
Is your router secure? Is your router using the best encryption available? Find out and learn how to fix it at setuprouter.com.