The following ports need to be forwarded for Seebo MAXX:
Seebo MAXX - Default
- TCP: 1084, 1131, 1308, 8080, 9090
- UDP: 1900, 9777, 12374
Set Up a Port Forward for Seebo MAXX
You may need to forward ports in your router when you use Seebo MAXX. By forwarding ports you allow connection requests coming from the internet to be directed to Seebo MAXX.
Routers do not generally allow incoming connection requests from the internet. Forwarding ports can work around this limitation.
Before Forwarding a Port Checkoff This To Do List
Make sure that you know these things before forwarding a port:
- The IP address of your router.
- The internal IP address of your media server.
- A list of TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
Locate Your Router's IP Address
The easiest way to locate your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
You can also follow our Find Your Router IP Address article.
Forwarding a Port for Seebo MAXX
A smart way to forward your ports is to use Network Utilities. With Network Utilities, you can easily forward ports and also un-forward ports quickly so that you can keep your network up to date with the ports that you need forwarded and maximize your network security.
Another option is to go through the process of forwarding ports one step at a time. The normal process for forwarding a port is:
- Begin by logging in to your router.
- Locate your routers port forwarding section.
- Type your media server's IP address into the correct box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for Seebo MAXX in the corresponding boxes in your router.
You probably will need to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
You can choose your router from our list to see exactly how to forward ports for Seebo MAXX:
List of Routers - Customized for Seebo MAXX
Those are the steps for forwarding ports in your router for Seebo MAXX.