Serious Sam HD: The First Encounter is a First Person Shooter game published by Devolver Digital released in 2009.
Serious Sam HD: The First Encounter has the following genres of gameplay.
- First person games are played from the perspective of the player. They typically have a gun or other weapon held out in front, but this is not always the case. Many first person games are sometimes called "shooters" because the primary goal of the game is to shoot other players or creatures, but this is not always the case.
- In a shooter the player must have a very fast reaction time. Usually there i a weapon held out in front of the player that is used to target other players or enemies. They can be either single player or multiplayer. The single player versions usually have a short storyline with minor RPG elements. Call of Duty and Battlefield are some very popular examples.
Forward Ports for Serious Sam HD: The First Encounter
When you are playing Serious Sam HD: The First Encounter you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and sometimes even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- The IP address of your network router.
- The IP address of the device that the game will play on: either your computer or your console.
- The TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
How to find your router's IP Address
The easiest way to locate your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
An easy way to do this is use our Network Utilities software. It can open your ports with just a few clicks. Then when you are done you can just was quickly close your ports again. Alternatively you can do it by hand.
The usual process for forwarding a port is:
- Start by logging in to your router.
- Find your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the appropriate box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the corresponding boxes in your router.
- Sometimes you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
Which Ports Does Serious Sam HD: The First Encounter Require
The necessary ports for Serious Sam HD: The First Encounter are as follows:
Serious Sam HD: The First Encounter - Steam
- TCP: 27015-27030, 27036-27037
- UDP: 4380, 27000-27031, 27036
Serious Sam HD: The First Encounter - Xbox 360
- TCP: 3074
- UDP: 88, 3074
Serious Sam HD: The First Encounter - Playstation 4
- TCP: 1935, 3478-3480
- UDP: 3074, 3478-3479
Serious Sam HD: The First Encounter - Xbox One
- TCP: 3074
- UDP: 88, 500, 3074, 3544, 4500
If you want to follow guides that are custom tailored to your exact router and Serious Sam HD: The First Encounter simply follow one of these links:
- Serious Sam HD: The First Encounter - Steam
- Serious Sam HD: The First Encounter - Xbox 360
- Serious Sam HD: The First Encounter - Playstation 4
- Serious Sam HD: The First Encounter - Xbox One
After that you're done - your ports should be open. Wait, there's more... Check out our growing list of games and applications.