When you play Sid Meier's Civilization IV: Colonization you will experience the following styles of play.
- In most turn based games each player has a turn to play while the other can simply manage their options for when their turn comes around.
- Strategy games tend to focus on planning and skillful thinking in order to beat either real players or bots. They can be either real-time in which the play clock ticks continuously or turn-based where each player has a dedicated turn to finish their action. It is not uncommon to include exploration and resource management.
How to Port Forward Sid Meier's Civilization IV: Colonization
When you are playing Sid Meier's Civilization IV: Colonization you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and sometimes even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- Your router's IP address.
- Your gaming machine's IP address.
- A list of TCP and UDP ports to forward.
How to locate your Router's IP Address
The easiest way to locate your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
An easy way to do this is use our Network Utilities software. It can open your ports with just a few clicks. Then when you are done you can just was quickly close your ports again. Alternatively you can do it by hand.
The process for forwarding a port is generally:
- Start by logging in to your router.
- Find your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the correct box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the corresponding boxes in your router.
- Intermittently you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
Which Ports Does Sid Meier's Civilization IV: Colonization Require
The incoming ports for Sid Meier's Civilization IV: Colonization are as follows:
Sid Meier's Civilization IV: Colonization - PC
- TCP: 2033, 2056, 3783, 6500, 6667, 28900, 29900-29001
- UDP: 2302-2400, 6500, 6515, 13139, 27900
If you want to follow guides that are custom tailored to your exact router and Sid Meier's Civilization IV: Colonization simply follow one of these links:
After that your ports should be open. Check out our full game and application list for more port forwarding guides.