How to Port Forward Sid Meiers Civilization Revolution
Sid Meier's Civilization: Revolution includes the following styles of play.
- In a strategy game the player is required to use skillful thinking and a strong focus on planning ahead in order to achieve victory over their opponent. They can be either single player against bots or multiplayer against other players. They come in both turn-based and real-time versions, the former allowing each player a chance to complete their turn, the latter having a continuous running clock without stopping. Resource management and exploration are common themes in strategy games.
- In most turn based games each player has a turn to play while the other can simply manage their options for when their turn comes around.
Port Forward Sid Meier's Civilization: Revolution
When you are playing Sid Meier's Civilization: Revolution you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and sometimes even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- The IP address of your network router.
- Your gaming machine's IP address.
- A list of TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
How to navigate to your router's IP Address
The easiest way to navigate to your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
An easy way to do this is use our Network Utilities software. It can open your ports with just a few clicks. Then when you are done you can just was quickly close your ports again. Alternatively you can do it by hand.
The process for forwarding a port is usually:
- Start by logging in to your router.
- Find your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the appropriate box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the corresponding boxes in your router.
- Sometimes you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
Ports To Forward for Sid Meier's Civilization: Revolution
The connection ports that need to be forwarded for Sid Meier's Civilization: Revolution are as follows:
Sid Meier's Civilization: Revolution - Xbox 360
- TCP: 3074
- UDP: 88,3074
Sid Meier's Civilization: Revolution - Playstation 3
- TCP: 3478-3480,5223,8080
- UDP: 3074,3478-3479,3658
We have guides that are custom tailored for Sid Meier's Civilization: Revolution that will show you the connection ports.
- Sid Meier's Civilization: Revolution - Xbox 360
- Sid Meier's Civilization: Revolution - Playstation 3
That's all it takes to open your ports. Want to learn how to create more port forwards? Check out our list of games and applications.