The Siemens Gigaset SE567 router has a basic firewall that helps protect your home network from unwanted Internet activity. The firewall does this by blocking incoming and outgoing activity that is not authorized. Some online gaming or programs will run much smoother if additional connections are authorized. In order to do this you need to create a port forward.
In this guide I will walk you through each of the steps in port forwarding for the Siemens Gigaset SE567 router. I will show you how to:
- Setup a static IP address for the device you are going to use for the game or program.
- Login to the Siemens Gigaset SE567 router.
- Find the port forwarding section of the device.
- Create a port forward entry on your router.
It is important to setup a static ip address in the device that you are forwarding a port to. This ensures that your ports will remain open even after your device reboots.
- Recommended - Our free Static IP Setter will set up a static IP address for you.
- Another way to get a permanent IP address is to set up a DHCP reservation.
- Or, manually create a static ip address with our Static IP Guides.
This step is important because you want a permanent IP address in your device. If you do not set up a permanent IP address in your device, then when you device reboots it may get a new IP address.
TIP: Write this new static IP address down. You need it a little later in this guide.
Once you have a static IP address for the device you are forwarding these ports to, it is time to login to the Siemens Gigaset SE567 router. To do this you need to open a web browser. It normally doesn't matter which browser you decide to use. I recommend using one you are familiar with such as Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox, or Edge.
Open up your web browser and find the address bar. It should look something like this:
Above is an example of what a web browser address bar looks like. Find the address bar in your router and type in your router's IP address.
The default Siemens Gigaset SE567 IP Address is: 192.168.1.254
After entering the IP address of your router you can simply press enter. If all goes well you will see the following screen:
If you are not directed to a login screen (whether it looks like the one above or not) you need to find out what the router's current IP address is. Follow the directions on this How To Find Your Router's IP Address page.
You should see a box prompting you for your username and password.
- The Default Siemens Gigaset SE567 Router Username is: admin
- The Default Siemens Gigaset SE567 Router Password is: password
After you enter the username and password, click the OK button to login to the Siemens Gigaset SE567 router interface.
Are you having trouble logging into the Siemens Gigaset SE567 router? Here are a few troubleshooting ideas:
- Try other Siemens default username/password combinations. Here is the list of all the known Default Siemens Router Passwords. When router companies update the router firmware, every once in a while they change the router's default username/password combination as well.
- If the list above did not work, it is probably because you changed the username and/or password in the past and have forgotten. If you use our Find Password App, it will help you guess what the username and/or password was changed to.
- Finally, you may need to consider a factory reset for the Siemens Gigaset SE567. This erases everything you have changed on the router in the past. Learn how to do this on our How to Reset a Router page.
At this point in the guide you should be logged into the Siemens Gigaset SE567 router. You should see the following page:
On this page, click the Advanced Settings button at the top of the page.
This takes you to the page you see above. Select the option in the left sidebar labeled Internet.
Then choose the option of Address Translation.
Finally, under that pick Port Forwarding.
Congratulations, you found the port forwarding page.
Here are the ports to forward for Xbox Live:
- TCP Ports: 3074
- UDP Ports: 3074
If you are looking for the ports for a different application you can find it by either:
The protocol that you want to forward is selected from the Select protocol box.
If you are forwarding a range of ports separated by a hyphen then enter the lowest number of that range into the Left TCP/UDP ports box and the highest number of that range into the Right TCP/UDP ports box. If you are only forwarding a single port number then enter that number into both the Left TCP/UDP ports and the Right TCP/UDP ports boxes.
Pick the Redirect select protocol/service to IP Address radio button choice.
Enter the IP address that you are forwarding ports to in the IP Address box. This is either the IP address of a computer or the IP address of another device on your network.
When you are done click the Apply button.
When you are finished with a port forward entry, you need to click the Apply button to save it.
Your ports should now be open. It is time to test them.
Test if Your Ports are Open
Now that you have forwarded ports on the Siemens Gigaset SE567 you should test to see if your ports are forwarded correctly.
To test if your port has been properly forwarded, you can use our Network Utilities tool, which includes a free Open Port Checker. Our Open Port Check tool is the only online port checking tool with Guaranteed Results.
Check out our other networking, gaming, and software guide here.
Do you need help with your router setup? How to login, setup WiFi, change IP addresses, find it all on setuprouter.com.