Sniper Elite 4 NAT Type Strict
If you are trying to play Sniper Elite 4 and are having a hard time joining lobbies and communicating with other players it may be due to having NAT Type Strict (XBox and PC) or NAT Type 3 (PS4).
Getting NAT Type Open (Xbox One and PC) or NAT Type 2 (PS4) makes multiplayer gaming better by allowing you to spend more time in the game with your friends instead of being stuck in the lobby. Having NAT Type Open or NAT Type 2 makes joining sessions easier and will allow you to communicate with other players better. This means a better gaming experience and less time trying to connect with other players.
To solve multiplayer connection issues in Sniper Elite 4, you can try to get NAT Type Open or NAT Type 2. You will need to forward the correct ports in your router and then check the NAT Type in your gaming console.
- NAT Type Open and NAT Type 2 allow you to host the lobby so you can game while experiencing the least lag possible.
- NAT Type Moderate (Xbox One) does not allow you to connect to or communicate with NAT Type Strict players. You can only connect with players that have NAT Type Open or NAT Type Moderate.
- NAT Type Strict (Xbox One and PC) and NAT Type 3 (PS4) exclude you from some lobbies and make it difficult to connect with other players. You will only be able to connect with some players and may not be allowed to connect to some of your friends.
- NAT Type 1 (PS4) is only possible in extreme situations, so NAT Type 2 should be your goal for a good gaming connection.
- Forward the correct ports in your router for Sniper Elite 4 to improve your NAT Type.
Sniper Elite 4 Ports
In your router there are different ranges of ports that Sniper Elite 4 uses depending on the type of gaming console you are playing on. PS4, Xbox One, and PC each use a different port range in your router. Here is the list of ports for Sniper Elite 4, you will need to forward all of the ports listed based on your gaming console:
Sniper Elite 4 - Playstation 4
- TCP: 1935,3478-3480
- UDP: 3074,3478-3479
Sniper Elite 4 - Xbox One
- TCP: 3074
- UDP: 88,500,3074,3544,4500
Sniper Elite 4 - PC
- TCP: 8766,27010,27015-27016
- UDP: 8766,27010,27015-27016
Sniper Elite 4 Port Forwarding Guides
We have customized guides to help you forward ports in your router for Sniper Elite 4. Just follow the link based on your console, select your router, and then follow the guide.
The above guides will show you exactly what data to enter in your router in order to forward ports for Sniper Elite 4.
For an easier solution, use our Network Utilities software which will automatically forward your ports for you.