How to Open a Port in Your Router for Sniper Elite III
Sniper Elite III includes the following genres of gameplay.
- In a shooter the player must have a very fast reaction time. Usually there i a weapon held out in front of the player that is used to target other players or enemies. They can be either single player or multiplayer. The single player versions usually have a short storyline with minor RPG elements. Call of Duty and Battlefield are some very popular examples.
- Tactical games are a subgenre of strategy games that focus more on operational warfare, military style tactics, and troop placement. They focus more on logistics and production than on combat, and can at times feature complex battlefield tactics.
- In a stealth style game you use hiding, disguises, muffled clothing, and shadows to overcome antagonists. Sometimes in a stealth style of game you get the choice of taking the quiet approach or the direct approach of attacking the enemy. Stealth games frequently feature a strong strategy component as well.
Port Forward Sniper Elite III
When you are playing Sniper Elite III you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and sometimes even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- Your router's IP address.
- Your gaming machine's IP address.
- The TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
How to locate your router's IP Address
The easiest way to find your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
To easily and quickly get your ports forwarded use the Network Utilities software. Network Utilities allows you to forward ports only when you need them, and then close them again when you are done. This makes keeping your network more secure much easier. You can also do it by hand.
The process for forwarding a port is generally:
- Login to your router.
- Find your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the correct box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the matching boxes in your router.
- Intermittently you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
Ports To Forward for Sniper Elite III
The ports that need to be forwarded in your router for Sniper Elite III are as follows:
Sniper Elite III - Xbox One
- TCP: 3074
- UDP: 88,500,3074,3544,4500
Sniper Elite III - Playstation 4
- TCP: 1935,3478-3480
- UDP: 3074,3478-3479
Sniper Elite III - Xbox 360
- TCP: 3074
- UDP: 88,3074
Sniper Elite III - Playstation 3
- TCP: 3478-3480,5223,8080
- UDP: 3074,3478-3479,3658
Sniper Elite III - PC
- TCP: 8766,27010,27015-27016
- UDP: 8766,27010,27015-27016
Sniper Elite III - Switch
- TCP: 6667,12400,28910,29900,29901,29920
- UDP: 1-65535
We have guides that are custom tailored for Sniper Elite III that will show you the ports that need to be forwarded.
- Sniper Elite III - Xbox One
- Sniper Elite III - Playstation 4
- Sniper Elite III - Xbox 360
- Sniper Elite III - Playstation 3
- Sniper Elite III - PC
- Sniper Elite III - Switch
When you are done following those steps your ports will be forwarded. Be sure to check out our full list of games and programs that can be forwarded.