How To Open Ports in Your Router for Stardew Valley
When you play Stardew Valley you will experience the following styles of play.
- A 2D game features flat graphics and are usually either side view or top down view. Side view 2D games are sometimes also called "platform" style games because they main objective is to travel from one platform to another.
- Role-Playing Games give you hours on end of game play where you can explore a new world through the eyes of your own character. They tend to be the longest style of game with the most immersive story lines. Popular RPG titles include Skyrim, World of Warcraft, and Fallout.
- In a simulation game the primary goal is to simulate a real life situation either for education or entertainment. Simulation games have a huge vareity of types including sports, driving, flying, and dating. Some of the most popular sims of all time are SimCity and Madden NFL.
How to Port Forward Stardew Valley
When you are playing Stardew Valley you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and frequently even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- Your router's IP address.
- The IP address of the device that the game will play on: either your computer or your console.
- The TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
How to locate your router's IP Address
The easiest way to locate your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
Most people use our Network Utilities software package to forward ports. It's the easiest way to forward ports when you need them and then close them when you do not. You can also do it by hand.
The normal process for forwarding a port is:
- Open a web browser and navigate to your router's IP address.
- Locate your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the applicable box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the matching boxes in your router.
- Intermittently you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
Ports To Forward for Stardew Valley
The required ports that need to be forwarded for Stardew Valley are as follows:
Stardew Valley - PC
- UDP: 24642
Stardew Valley - Playstation 4
- TCP: 1935,3478-3480
- UDP: 3074,3478-3479
Stardew Valley - Switch
- TCP: 6667,12400,28910,29900,29901,29920
- UDP: 1-65535
Stardew Valley - Xbox One
- TCP: 3074
- UDP: 88,500,3074,3544,4500
Stardew Valley - Steam
- TCP: 27015-27030,27036-27037
- UDP: 4380,24642,27000-27031,27036
If you want to follow guides that are custom tailored to your exact router and Stardew Valley simply follow one of these links:
- Stardew Valley - PC
- Stardew Valley - Playstation 4
- Stardew Valley - Switch
- Stardew Valley - Xbox One
- Stardew Valley - Steam
That's all it takes to forward your ports. For more on how to port forward, check out our list of games and applications.