How To Open Ports in Your Router for Stardew Valley
Stardew Valley includes the following genres of gameplay.
- In a 2D style game the graphics are usually more flat and do not have a 3D appearance. Some 2D games will have flat graphics with a 3D appearance to them but they are still considered 2D games.
- In a role playing game, or RPG, the player takes on the role of the main character and helps the story line to unfold. It usually involves a very long play time, inventory management, and a deep leveling system. RPG's are usually the longest style of game. Skyrim and Fallout are amongst the most popular RPG style games.
- In a simulation game the primary goal is to simulate a real life situation either for education or entertainment. Simulation games have a huge vareity of types including sports, driving, flying, and dating. Some of the most popular sims of all time are SimCity and Madden NFL.
Port Forward Stardew Valley
When you are playing Stardew Valley you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and sometimes even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- The IP address of your router.
- Your gaming machine's IP address.
- A list of TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
How to find your router's IP Address
The easiest way to find your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
The fastest way to forward a port is to use our Network Utilities suite of tools. With our software you can quickly and easily turn your port forwards on and off for multiple programs at any time. Or just keep reading to learn how to do it by hand.
The process for forwarding a port is generally:
- Open a web browser and navigate to your router's IP address.
- Find your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the appropriate box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the corresponding boxes in your router.
- Frequently you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
Which Ports Does Stardew Valley Require
The specific ports for Stardew Valley are as follows:
Stardew Valley - PC
- UDP: 24642
Stardew Valley - Playstation 4
- TCP: 1935,3478-3480
- UDP: 3074,3478-3479
Stardew Valley - Switch
- TCP: 6667,12400,28910,29900,29901,29920
- UDP: 1-65535
Stardew Valley - Xbox One
- TCP: 3074
- UDP: 88,500,3074,3544,4500
Stardew Valley - Steam
- TCP: 27015-27030,27036-27037
- UDP: 4380,24642,27000-27031,27036
We have guides that are custom tailored for Stardew Valley that will show you the required incoming ports.
- Stardew Valley - PC
- Stardew Valley - Playstation 4
- Stardew Valley - Switch
- Stardew Valley - Xbox One
- Stardew Valley - Steam
That's all it takes to forward your ports. For more on how to port forward, check out our list of games and applications.