Here is a list of the ports that need to be forwarded for a Synology DS409+ device:
Synology DS409+ - PC
- TCP: 20-22, 25, 80, 110-111, 137-139, 143, 443, 445, 548, 873, 892, 993, 995, 2049, 3260, 4672, 5000-5001, 5005-5006, 5432, 6881-6999, 7000-7001, 9997-9999, 55536-55663, 55736-55863
- UDP: 25, 110-111, 137-139, 143, 445, 892, 993, 995, 2049, 4662, 4672, 5432, 6881-6999, 9997-9999
Set Up a Port Forward for a Synology DS409+ device
You might need to forward some ports in your router when you use a Synology DS409+ device. By forwarding ports you allow connection requests coming from the internet to be directed to a Synology DS409+ device.
Routers generally do not allow incoming connection requests from the internet. By forwarding ports you can work around this limitation.
Remember to Do These Things Before You Forward a Port
Before forwarding a port make sure that you know these things:
- The IP address of your router.
- The IP address of your NAS.
- The TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
Find the IP Address of Your Router
We have free Router Detector software to help you find your router's IP address. The software is part of our Network Utilities suite of tools and it is completely free to use.
You can also follow our Find Your Router IP Address article.
Forwarding a Port for a Synology DS409+ device
The easiest way to forward your ports is to use our Network Utilities software. Network Utilities lets you manage port forwards by putting them in when you need them and also removing the ones that you no longer need which maximized network security.
Port forwarding can also be set up step-by-step by hand. The way to forward a port is:
- Begin by logging in to your router.
- Look for the port forwarding section in your router.
- Put the IP address of your NAS in the proper box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for a Synology DS409+ device in the corresponding boxes in your router.
Some routers need to be rebooted in order for the changes to be saved.
You can choose your router from our list to see exactly how to forward ports for a Synology DS409+ device:
List of Routers - Customized for Synology DS409+
That's all it takes to forward your ports for a Synology DS409+ device.