The ports that need to be forwarded for a Synology DS409 device are listed here:
Synology DS409 - PC
- TCP: 20-22, 25, 80, 110-111, 137-139, 143, 443, 445, 548, 873, 892, 993, 995, 2049, 3260, 4672, 5000-5001, 5005-5006, 5432, 6881-6999, 7000-7001, 9997-9999, 55536-55663, 55736-55863
- UDP: 25, 110-111, 137-139, 143, 445, 892, 993, 995, 2049, 4662, 4672, 5432, 6881-6999, 9997-9999
Forwarding Ports for a Synology DS409 device
When you use a Synology DS409 device you might need to forward some ports in your router. A port forward allows incoming connection requests from the internet to go straight to a Synology DS409 device.
Routers do not generally allow incoming connection requests from the internet. By forwarding a port you can overcome this limitation.
Remember to Do These Things Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- The IP address of your router.
- The internal IP address of your NAS.
- Each of the TCP and UDP ports that you need to forward.
Locate Your Router's IP Address
To find your router's IP address the easy way you can use our free Router Detector software. The software is part of our Network Utilities suite of tools and it is completely free to use.
You can also follow our Find Your Router IP Address article.
How To Set Up Port Forwarding for a Synology DS409 device
The easiest way to forward your ports is to use our Network Utilities software. With Network Utilities, you can easily forward ports and also un-forward ports quickly so that you can keep your network up to date with the ports that you need forwarded and maximize your network security.
Another option is to go through the process of forwarding ports one step at a time. The process for forwarding a port is:
- Log in to your router.
- Locate your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your NAS in the proper box in your router.
- Enter the TCP and UDP ports that you need to forward for a Synology DS409 device in the corresponding boxes in your router.
You probably will need to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
You can choose your router from our list to see exactly how to forward ports for a Synology DS409 device:
List of Routers - Customized for Synology DS409
Those are the steps for forwarding ports in your router for a Synology DS409 device.