Port Forwarding on Your Router for Teamfight Tactics
When you play Teamfight Tactics you will experience the following styles of play.
- In most turn based games each player has a turn to play while the other can simply manage their options for when their turn comes around.
- Tactical games are a subgenre of strategy games that focus more on operational warfare, military style tactics, and troop placement. They focus more on logistics and production than on combat, and can at times feature complex battlefield tactics.
- Strategy games tend to focus on planning and skillful thinking in order to beat either real players or bots. They can be either real-time in which the play clock ticks continuously or turn-based where each player has a dedicated turn to finish their action. It is not uncommon to include exploration and resource management.
How to Port Forward Teamfight Tactics
When you are playing Teamfight Tactics you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and sometimes even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- Your router's IP address.
- The IP address of the device that the game will play on: either your computer or your console.
- The TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
How to locate your Router's IP Address
The easiest way to locate your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
Most people use our Network Utilities software package to forward ports. It's the easiest way to forward ports when you need them and then close them when you do not. You can also do it by hand.
The usual process for forwarding a port is:
- Login to your router.
- Locate your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the applicable box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the matching boxes in your router.
- Frequently you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
Which Ports Does Teamfight Tactics Require
The network ports for Teamfight Tactics are as follows:
Teamfight Tactics - PC
- TCP: 2099,5222-5223,8088,8393-8400
- UDP: 5000-5500,8088
We have guides that are custom tailored for Teamfight Tactics that will show you the specific ports.
That's all it takes to open your ports. Want to learn how to create more port forwards? Check out our list of games and applications.