A Technicolor EPC3940ADL router protects your home network by blocking unwanted incoming internet connections and acting as a basic firewall. Sometimes you need to open a port in your router in order to get a good connection for a game or to use a specific device on your network. The EPC3940ADL lets you choose the applications that are allowed to connect through an open port. By opening a port in your router you allow a specific application or game to send data from the internet to your home network.
Follow these steps to open a port in your Technicolor EPC3940ADL router:
- Set up a static IP address on the device or computer you are forwarding these ports to.
- Go ahead and log in to your Technicolor EPC3940ADL router.
- Find the Port Range Forwarding section in your Technicolor EPC3940ADL router.
- Find the Home Network button at the middle of the screen and click on it.
- Click the Applications & Gaming tab at the left of the screen.
- Click the Add Port Forwarding Rule button at the middle of the screen.
- Create a Port Range Forwarding entry.
If the process of forwarding ports in your router seems difficult to you, you are not alone! Do not get discouraged. Let us walk you through the steps for opening a port in the Technicolor EPC3940ADL router. Just follow along as we lead you through the process of opening a port in your router.
In order to ensure that your ports remain open in your device even after it reboots, it is important to set up a static IP address in your device.
Recommended - Our free program will setup a static IP address for you.
→ Download Network Utilities today!
Or follow our Static IP Address guides to setup a static IP address.
After setting up a static ip address on your devices you need to login to your router.
Log in to your Technicolor EPC3940ADL router. To log in you will need to use a web browser since the Technicolor EPC3940ADL uses a web interface to access router configurations.
Open up whichever internet browser that you are comfortable with. If you are not sure which one to use, then go ahead and open Chrome, Firefox, or Edge.
To help with confusion, we have simplified this step for you with this link: Login to your EPC3940ADL Router
Once you have opened a web browser, find the address bar which is usually located at the top of the screen. The image below shows an example of this.
Above is an example of what a web browser address bar looks like. Find the address bar in your web browser and type in your router's IP address.
The Technicolor EPC3940ADL router's default IP address is: 192.168.0.1
After typing your router's IP address into the address bar, make sure to click the enter button on your keyboard. You should see a box similar to the one shown below.
To login, enter the username and password for the Technicolor EPC3940ADLs. Important Note: If you have changed them in the past, you need to enter in those values.
- The default Technicolor EPC3940ADL Router Username is: admin
- The default Technicolor EPC3940ADL Router Password is: password
Once you enter your username and password, click the Submit button.
Technicolor Usernames and Passwords
If the username and password did not work, go to our Default Technicolor Router Passwords page for help.
If, after trying the above list of passwords you still can't log in you may need to consider a reset for your router. Learn how to do that by reading our How to Reset a Router guide. **Note:**After resetting the Technicolor EPC3940ADL router your username and password revert back to factory defaults.
After successfully logging in to your Technicolor EPC3940ADL router you should see the router's home page on your screen. Find the Port Range Forwarding section of your router.
- Find the Home Network button located near the middle of the screen and click it.
- Click on the Applications & Gaming tab at the left of the screen.
- Click the Add Port Forwarding Rule button, which is at the middle of the screen.
You should now be on a page that says Port Range Forwarding.
Make sure that you must open a port in your router before doing so since this will allow data to come through the firewall portion of your router to a specific device. It is possible that this could lead to malicious traffic on your network. However, don't let this warning stop you from making this change if you need it because the risk is very low.
Here are the ports to forward for Xbox Live:
- TCP Ports: 3074
- UDP Ports: 3074
If you are looking for the ports for a different application you can find it by either:
- If you are forwarding a single port number, enter it into the External Port box. If you are forwarding a range of ports, enter the lowest number of that range into the External Port box, followed by a hyphen followed by the largest number. For example, a range of port numbers might look like this: 1000-2000.
- You need to enter the IP address that you are forwarding ports to into the Internal Host/IP box. This can be either the IP address of your computer or any other IP address on your network that you want ports forwarded to.
- Enter the exact same values that you put in the External Port box, into the Internal Port box.
- Make the All selection in the Protocol drop-down list.
- Select Enabled from the Status drop-down box.
- Click the Save button at the bottom of the page when you are completely finished to apply these changes.
Test Your Ports To See If They Are Open
Use our Network Utilities software, (which includes a free Open Port Checker tool) to test your network to see if you have forwarded ports in the Technicolor EPC3940ADL router correctly. Open Port Checker is the only online port checking tool that has Guaranteed Results.
Other Guides You May Be Interested In: