Open Ports on Your Router for The Messenger
The Messenger includes the following genres of gameplay.
- A 2D game features flat graphics and are usually either side view or top down view. Side view 2D games are sometimes also called "platform" style games because they main objective is to travel from one platform to another.
- Action games are usually a bit faster than other games and require quick reflexes. You frequently jump platforms, shoot enemy mobs, climb ladders, and
- Platform games are usually action games that require the player to hop from one platform to another, usually in some sort of acrobatic way. They are good for people with fast reflexes. They can come in short and long story varieties. Typical platform games are Super Mario Bros. and Sonic the Hedgehog.
How to Port Forward The Messenger
When you are playing The Messenger you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and intermittently even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- Your router's IP address.
- Your gaming machine's IP address.
- The TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
How to locate your Router's IP Address
The easiest way to find your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
Most people use our Network Utilities software package to forward ports. It's the fastest way to forward ports when you need them and then close them when you do not. You can also do it by hand.
The process for forwarding a port is usually:
- Open a web browser and navigate to your router's IP address.
- Find your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the correct box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the matching boxes in your router.
- Sometimes you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
Ports To Forward for The Messenger
The ports for The Messenger are as follows:
The Messenger - Steam
- TCP: 27015-27030,27036-27037
- UDP: 4380,27000-27031,27036
The Messenger - Switch
- TCP: 6667,12400,28910,29900,29901,29920
- UDP: 1-65535
The Messenger - Playstation 4
- TCP: 1935,3478-3480
- UDP: 3074,3478-3479
The Messenger - Xbox One
- TCP: 3074
- UDP: 88,500,3074,3544,4500
We have guides that are custom tailored for The Messenger that will show you the necessary ports.
When you are done following those steps your ports will be open. Do you need more games or programs forwarded? Check out our games and programs list.