Open Ports on Your Router for The Occupation
The Occupation offers the following genres of gameplay.
- In a first person style game the main viewpoint is from the player looking forward. This can be either a first person shooter or a first person driving game.
- An adventure game is where the player is usually the protagonist and plays through an evolving story. The storyline is the driving part of an adventure game.
How to Port Forward The Occupation
When you are playing The Occupation you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and frequently even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- The IP address of your router.
- Your gaming machine's IP address.
- A list of TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
How to locate your router's IP Address
The easiest way to locate your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
An easy way to do this is use our Network Utilities software. It can open your ports with just a few clicks. Then when you are done you can just was quickly close your ports again. Alternatively you can do it by hand.
The normal process for forwarding a port is:
- Login to your router.
- Locate your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the correct box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the matching boxes in your router.
- Intermittently you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
Ports To Forward for The Occupation
The ports for The Occupation are as follows:
The Occupation - Playstation 4
- TCP: 1935,3478-3480
- UDP: 3074,3478-3479
The Occupation - Steam
- TCP: 27015-27030,27036-27037
- UDP: 4380,27000-27031,27036
The Occupation - Xbox One
- TCP: 3074
- UDP: 88,500,3074,3544,4500
The Occupation - PC
- We do not know the PC ports for The Occupation yet. If you know them please send us a message using our Message System.
If you want to follow guides that are custom tailored to your exact router and The Occupation simply follow one of these links:
After following those steps your ports should be forwarded. Head to our applications and games list for more port forwarding guides.