The Talos Principle is a First-Person, Adventure, and Puzzle game published by Devolver Digital, Croteam released in 2014.
The Talos Principle includes the following genres of gameplay.
- In a first person style game the main viewpoint is from the player looking forward. This can be either a first person shooter or a first person driving game.
- An adventure game is where the player is usually the protagonist and plays through an evolving story. The storyline is the driving part of an adventure game.
- In a puzzle type game the player solves puzzles that may be either logic, patters, words, or numbers. Puzzle games sometimes use a timer to create a sense of pressure to solve the puzzle faster.
How to Port Forward The Talos Principle
When you are playing The Talos Principle you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and on occasion even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- Your router's IP address.
- Your gaming machine's IP address.
- A list of TCP and UDP ports to forward.
How to locate your Router's IP Address
The easiest way to locate your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
A smart way to forward your ports is to use Network Utilities. Since Network Utilities allows you to both forward and un-forward ports easily you can keep your network security maximized, and then forward ports only when you need them. Alternatively you can do it by hand.
The process for forwarding a port is generally:
- Login to your router.
- Find your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the correct box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the corresponding boxes in your router.
- On occasion you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
Ports To Forward for The Talos Principle
The ports that need to be forwarded in your router for The Talos Principle are as follows:
The Talos Principle - Steam
- TCP: 27015-27030, 27036-27037
- UDP: 4380, 27000-27031, 27036
The Talos Principle - Playstation 4
- TCP: 1935, 3478-3480
- UDP: 3074, 3478-3479
The Talos Principle - Xbox One
- TCP: 3074
- UDP: 88, 500, 3074, 3544, 4500
The Talos Principle - Switch
- TCP: 6667, 12400, 28910, 29900, 29901, 29920
- UDP: 1-65535
The Talos Principle - PC
- We do not know the PC ports for The Talos Principle yet. If you know them please send us a message using our Message System.
If you want to follow guides that are custom tailored to your exact router and The Talos Principle simply follow one of these links:
- The Talos Principle - Steam
- The Talos Principle - Playstation 4
- The Talos Principle - Xbox One
- The Talos Principle - Switch
That's all it takes to open your ports. Want more? Check out our growing list of games and applications.