The incoming ports that need to be forwarded for Tieline Genie Distribution / Merlin PLUS are:
Tieline Genie Distribution / Merlin PLUS - Internet of Things
- TCP: 8999, 9002, 9012
- UDP: 8999-9003, 9010-9013, 9020-9023, 9030-9033, 9040-9043, 9050-9053
Set Up a Port Forward for Tieline Genie Distribution / Merlin PLUS
When you use Tieline Genie Distribution / Merlin PLUS you might need to forward some ports in your router. By forwarding ports you allow connection requests coming from the internet to be directed to Tieline Genie Distribution / Merlin PLUS.
Routers are not designed to allow incoming network requests. By forwarding a port you can overcome this limitation.
Remember to Do These Things Before You Forward a Port
Before forwarding a port make sure that you know these things:
- The IP address of your router.
- Your device's IP address.
- The list of the TCP and UDP ports that you need to forward.
Find Your Router's IP Address
To find your router's IP address the easy way you can use our free Router Detector software. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
If you do not want to run the software, you can follow our Find Your Router IP Address guide.
Setting Up a Port Forward for Tieline Genie Distribution / Merlin PLUS
You can use our Network Utilities software to automatically forward ports for you. Since Network Utilities allows you to both forward and un-forward ports easily you can keep your network security maximized, and then forward ports only when you need them.
You can also choose to set up port forwards manually. The normal process for forwarding a port is:
- Begin by logging in to your router.
- Locate the section in your router that deals with port forwarding.
- Type your device's IP address into the correct box in your router.
- It is now time to type the TCP and UDP ports that you are forwarding for Tieline Genie Distribution / Merlin PLUS in the correct boxes in your router.
Frequently you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
You can choose your router from our list to see exactly how to forward ports for Tieline Genie Distribution / Merlin PLUS:
List of Routers - Customized for Tieline Genie Distribution / Merlin PLUS
Those are the steps for forwarding ports in your router for Tieline Genie Distribution / Merlin PLUS.