Here is a list of the ports that need to be forwarded for TOFU Media Center:
TOFU Media Center - Default
- TCP: 1084, 1131, 1308, 8080, 9090
- UDP: 1900, 9777, 12374
Forwarding Ports for TOFU Media Center
You may need to forward ports in your router when you use TOFU Media Center. Forwarding ports is used to allow incoming connection requests from the internet to TOFU Media Center.
By default routers do not allow incoming network requests. A port forward can overcome this limitation.
Before You Forward a Port
You need to know the following things before you can forward a port:
- Your router's internal IP address.
- Your media server's IP address.
- A list of TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
How to Locate Your Router's IP Address
To find your router's IP address the easy way you can use our free Router Detector software. The software is part of our Network Utilities suite of tools and it is completely free to use.
You can also follow our Find Your Router IP Address article.
How To Set Up Port Forwarding for TOFU Media Center
The easiest way to forward your ports is to use our Network Utilities software. Our Network Utilities software allows you to add port forwards and also remove them when you no longer need them to maximize your network security.
You can also choose to set up port forwards manually. The way to forward a port is:
- You can start by logging in to your router.
- Look for the port forwarding section in your router.
- Put the IP address of your media server in the proper box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports that you are forwarding for TOFU Media Center in the correct boxes in your router.
You probably will need to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
You can choose your router from our list to see exactly how to forward ports for TOFU Media Center:
List of Routers - Customized for TOFU Media Center
Those are the steps to take in order to forward ports in your router for TOFU Media Center.