Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Rogue Spear includes the following styles of play.
- In a shooter the player must have a very fast reaction time. Usually there i a weapon held out in front of the player that is used to target other players or enemies. They can be either single player or multiplayer. The single player versions usually have a short storyline with minor RPG elements. Call of Duty and Battlefield are some very popular examples.
- Tactical games are a subgenre of strategy games that focus more on operational warfare, military style tactics, and troop placement. They focus more on logistics and production than on combat, and can at times feature complex battlefield tactics.
- In a first person style game the main viewpoint is from the player looking forward. This can be either a first person shooter or a first person driving game.
How to Port Forward Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Rogue Spear
When you are playing Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Rogue Spear you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and frequently even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- The IP address of your network router.
- The IP address of the device that the game will play on: either your computer or your console.
- The TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
How to locate your Router's IP Address
The easiest way to locate your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
Don't have time? Use our Network Utilities software. It's the fastest way to both open and close ports in your router. Of you can do it manually if you want.
The process for forwarding a port is generally:
- Login to your router.
- Locate your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the proper box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the corresponding boxes in your router.
- On occasion you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
Ports Required for Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Rogue Spear
The ports that need to be forwarded for Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Rogue Spear are as follows:
Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Rogue Spear - PC
- TCP: 2346
- UDP: 2346
If you want to follow guides that are custom tailored to your exact router and Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Rogue Spear simply follow one of these links:
After that your ports should be open. Check out our full game and application list for more port forwarding guides.