Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Vegas has the following genres of gameplay.
- Tactical games are a subgenre of strategy games that focus more on operational warfare, military style tactics, and troop placement. They focus more on logistics and production than on combat, and can at times feature complex battlefield tactics.
- In a first person style game the main viewpoint is from the player looking forward. This can be either a first person shooter or a first person driving game.
- Shooter games are fast paced action games that are based on testing the players reaction time. They usually involve the player holding a weapon in front of them and attempting to shoot other players or characters. Some shooters are short lived arcade style, but most have both a single player mission series and some have a large multiplayer following. Common shooters include Call of Duty and Battlefield.
Forward Ports for Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Vegas
When you are playing Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Vegas you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and frequently even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- Your router's IP address.
- Your gaming machine's IP address.
- The TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
How to locate your router's IP Address
The easiest way to locate your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
A smart way to forward your ports is to use Network Utilities. Since Network Utilities allows you to both forward and un-forward ports easily you can keep your network security maximized, and then forward ports only when you need them. Alternatively you can do it by hand.
The general process for forwarding a port is:
- Start by logging in to your router.
- Locate your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the proper box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the matching boxes in your router.
- Sometimes you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
Ports Required for Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Vegas
The exact ports that need to be forwarded for Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Vegas are as follows:
Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Vegas - Xbox 360
- TCP: 3074
- UDP: 88,3074
Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Vegas - Playstation 3
- TCP: 3478-3480,5223,8080
- UDP: 3074,3478-3479,3658
Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Vegas - PC
- TCP: 3074
- UDP: 3074-3174
If you want to follow guides that are custom tailored to your exact router and Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Vegas simply follow one of these links:
- Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Vegas - Xbox 360
- Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Vegas - Playstation 3
- Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Vegas - PC
After that your ports should be open. Check out our full game and application list for more port forwarding guides.