How to Create a Port Forward in Your Router for Torment: Tides of Numenera
Torment: Tides of Numenera includes the following styles of gameplay.
- In a role playing game, or RPG, the player takes on the role of the main character and helps the story line to unfold. It usually involves a very long play time, inventory management, and a deep leveling system. RPG's are usually the longest style of game. Skyrim and Fallout are amongst the most popular RPG style games.
- In most turn based games each player has a turn to play while the other can simply manage their options for when their turn comes around.
- Adventure games are very heavily story driven. You are usually the main character and are the one who discovers the true plot as the game progresses.
- Strategy games tend to focus on planning and skillful thinking in order to beat either real players or bots. They can be either real-time in which the play clock ticks continuously or turn-based where each player has a dedicated turn to finish their action. It is not uncommon to include exploration and resource management.
Forward Ports for Torment: Tides of Numenera
When you are playing Torment: Tides of Numenera you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and on occasion even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- The IP address of your network router.
- The IP address of the device that the game will play on: either your computer or your console.
- The TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
How to locate your router's IP Address
The easiest way to locate your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
The easiest way to do this is to use Network Utilities. Network Utilities can forward your ports in just a few clicks, and close them back down when you are done just as easily. You can also do it the manual way.
The normal process for forwarding a port is:
- Start by logging in to your router.
- Locate your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the appropriate box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the matching boxes in your router.
- On occasion you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
Ports Required for Torment: Tides of Numenera
The ports that need to be forwarded for Torment: Tides of Numenera are as follows:
Torment: Tides of Numenera - PC
- We do not know the PC ports for Torment: Tides of Numenera yet. If you know them please send us a message using our Message System.
Torment: Tides of Numenera - Playstation 4
- TCP: 1935,3478-3480
- UDP: 3074,3478-3479
Torment: Tides of Numenera - Xbox One
- TCP: 3074
- UDP: 88,500,3074,3544,4500
Torment: Tides of Numenera - Steam
- TCP: 27015-27030,27036-27037
- UDP: 4380,27000-27031,27036
If you want to follow guides that are custom tailored to your exact router and Torment: Tides of Numenera simply follow one of these links:
- Torment: Tides of Numenera - Playstation 4
- Torment: Tides of Numenera - Xbox One
- Torment: Tides of Numenera - Steam
That's all it takes to open your ports. Want to learn how to create more port forwards? Check out our list of games and applications.