Forwarding Ports for Trine 2 on Your Router.
When you play Trine 2 you will experience the following styles of play.
- Platform games, also known as platformers, have the player jumping from platform to platform, sometime performing some sort of acrobatic stunt. Common examples include Super Mario Bros. and Sonic the Hedgehog.
- Puzzle games require players to solve a variety of puzzles ranging from logic to patterns to words and numbers. They are sometimes timed and sometimes do not have a time limit. Some puzzle games have a level progression built in to them and others are more in the arcade style.
- Action games are usually a bit faster than other games and require quick reflexes. You frequently jump platforms, shoot enemy mobs, climb ladders, and
- In a role playing game, or RPG, the player takes on the role of the main character and helps the story line to unfold. It usually involves a very long play time, inventory management, and a deep leveling system. RPG's are usually the longest style of game. Skyrim and Fallout are amongst the most popular RPG style games.
How to Port Forward Trine 2
When you are playing Trine 2 you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and intermittently even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- The IP address of your router.
- The IP address of the device that the game will play on: either your computer or your console.
- The TCP and UDP ports to forward.
How to locate your Router's IP Address
The easiest way to locate your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
To easily and quickly get your ports forwarded use the Network Utilities software. Network Utilities allows you to forward ports only when you need them, and then close them again when you are done. This makes keeping your network more secure much easier. You can also do it by hand.
The usual process for forwarding a port is:
- Login to your router.
- Find your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the correct box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the matching boxes in your router.
- On occasion you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
Which Ports Does Trine 2 Require
The ports for Trine 2 are as follows:
Trine 2 - Steam
- TCP: 27015-27030,27036-27037
- UDP: 4380,27000-27031,27036,27300-27315
Trine 2 - Playstation 4
- TCP: 1935,3478-3480
- UDP: 3074,3478-3479
Trine 2 - Playstation 3
- TCP: 3478-3480,5223,8080
- UDP: 3074,3478-3479,3658
Trine 2 - Xbox 360
- TCP: 3074
- UDP: 88,3074
Trine 2 - PC
- UDP: 27300-27315
Trine 2 - Switch
- TCP: 6667,12400,28910,29900,29901,29920
- UDP: 1-65535
Trine 2 - Xbox One
- TCP: 3074
- UDP: 88,500,3074,3544,4500
We have guides that are custom tailored for Trine 2 that will show you the connection ports.
- Trine 2 - Steam
- Trine 2 - Playstation 4
- Trine 2 - Playstation 3
- Trine 2 - Xbox 360
- Trine 2 - PC
- Trine 2 - Switch
- Trine 2 - Xbox One
After that your ports should be open. Check out our full game and application list for more port forwarding guides.