Forward Ports on Your Router for Trine 4: The Nightmare Prince
Trine 4: The Nightmare Prince has the following styles of gameplay.
- Action games are fast paced and tend to put the player in the middle of the action, requiring you to jump over obstacles, climb ladders, and shoot things.
- Role-Playing Games give you hours on end of game play where you can explore a new world through the eyes of your own character. They tend to be the longest style of game with the most immersive story lines. Popular RPG titles include Skyrim, World of Warcraft, and Fallout.
- In a puzzle type game the player solves puzzles that may be either logic, patters, words, or numbers. Puzzle games sometimes use a timer to create a sense of pressure to solve the puzzle faster.
- Platform games, also known as platformers, have the player jumping from platform to platform, sometime performing some sort of acrobatic stunt. Common examples include Super Mario Bros. and Sonic the Hedgehog.
Forward Ports for Trine 4: The Nightmare Prince
When you are playing Trine 4: The Nightmare Prince you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and on occasion even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- The IP address of your network router.
- The IP address of the device that the game will play on: either your computer or your console.
- The TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
How to find your router's IP Address
The easiest way to locate your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
A smart way to forward your ports is to use Network Utilities. Since Network Utilities allows you to both forward and un-forward ports easily you can keep your network security maximized, and then forward ports only when you need them. Alternatively you can do it by hand.
The process for forwarding a port is usually:
- Open a web browser and navigate to your router's IP address.
- Locate your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the applicable box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the corresponding boxes in your router.
- Intermittently you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
Ports To Forward for Trine 4: The Nightmare Prince
The required ports that need to be forwarded for Trine 4: The Nightmare Prince are as follows:
Trine 4: The Nightmare Prince - PC
- UDP: 27300-27315
Trine 4: The Nightmare Prince - Playstation 4
- TCP: 1935,3478-3480
- UDP: 3074,3478-3479
Trine 4: The Nightmare Prince - Steam
- TCP: 27015-27030,27036-27037
- UDP: 4380,27000-27031,27036,27300-27315
Trine 4: The Nightmare Prince - Switch
- TCP: 6667,12400,28910,29900,29901,29920
- UDP: 1-65535
Trine 4: The Nightmare Prince - Xbox One
- TCP: 3074
- UDP: 88,500,3074,3544,4500
If you want to follow guides that are custom tailored to your exact router and Trine 4: The Nightmare Prince simply follow one of these links:
- Trine 4: The Nightmare Prince - PC
- Trine 4: The Nightmare Prince - Playstation 4
- Trine 4: The Nightmare Prince - Steam
- Trine 4: The Nightmare Prince - Switch
- Trine 4: The Nightmare Prince - Xbox One
After that your ports should be open. Check out our full game and application list for more port forwarding guides.