Here is a list of the ports that need to be forwarded for Unreal Server:
Unreal Server - Default
- UDP: 7777-7779, 27900
Forwarding Ports for Unreal Server
You might need to forward some ports in your router when you use Unreal Server. A port forward allows incoming connection requests from the internet to go straight to Unreal Server.
By default routers do not allow incoming network requests. By forwarding ports you can work around this limitation.
Before Forwarding a Port Checkoff This To Do List
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- Your router's internal IP address.
- The IP address of your computer.
- Each of the TCP and UDP ports that you need to forward.
How to Locate Your Router's IP Address
We have free Router Detector software to help you find your router's IP address. The software is part of our Network Utilities suite of tools and it is completely free to use.
You can also follow our Find Your Router IP Address article.
How To Forward Ports for Unreal Server
The easiest way to forward your ports is to use our Network Utilities software. Our Network Utilities software allows you to add port forwards and also remove them when you no longer need them to maximize your network security.
You can also choose to set up port forwards manually. The process for forwarding a port is:
- Start by logging in to your router.
- Locate your routers port forwarding section.
- Type the IP address of your computer into the correct box in your router.
- It is now time to type the TCP and UDP ports that you are forwarding for Unreal Server in the correct boxes in your router.
You probably will need to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
You can choose your router from our list to see exactly how to forward ports for Unreal Server:
List of Routers - Customized for Unreal Server
That is the process required to forward ports in your router for Unreal Server.