How to Open a Port in Your Router for Valiant Hearts: The Great War
Valiant Hearts: The Great War includes the following styles of gameplay.
- In a 2D style game the graphics are usually more flat and do not have a 3D appearance. Some 2D games will have flat graphics with a 3D appearance to them but they are still considered 2D games.
- An adventure game is where the player is usually the protagonist and plays through an evolving story. The storyline is the driving part of an adventure game.
- Platform games are usually action games that require the player to hop from one platform to another, usually in some sort of acrobatic way. They are good for people with fast reflexes. They can come in short and long story varieties. Typical platform games are Super Mario Bros. and Sonic the Hedgehog.
Forward Ports for Valiant Hearts: The Great War
When you are playing Valiant Hearts: The Great War you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and intermittently even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- The IP address of your network router.
- Your gaming machine's IP address.
- A list of TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
How to locate your router's IP Address
The easiest way to find your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
A smart way to forward your ports is to use Network Utilities. Since Network Utilities allows you to both forward and un-forward ports easily you can keep your network security maximized, and then forward ports only when you need them. Alternatively you can do it by hand.
The usual process for forwarding a port is:
- Start by logging in to your router.
- Locate your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the correct box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the matching boxes in your router.
- Intermittently you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
Ports Required for Valiant Hearts: The Great War
The required incoming ports for Valiant Hearts: The Great War are as follows:
Valiant Hearts: The Great War - PC
- We do not know the PC ports for Valiant Hearts: The Great War yet. If you know them please send us a message using our Message System.
Valiant Hearts: The Great War - Playstation 3
- TCP: 3478-3480,5223,8080
- UDP: 3074,3478-3479,3658
Valiant Hearts: The Great War - Playstation 4
- TCP: 1935,3478-3480
- UDP: 3074,3478-3479
Valiant Hearts: The Great War - Switch
- TCP: 6667,12400,28910,29900,29901,29920
- UDP: 1-65535
Valiant Hearts: The Great War - Xbox 360
- TCP: 3074
- UDP: 88,3074
Valiant Hearts: The Great War - Xbox One
- TCP: 3074
- UDP: 88,500,3074,3544,4500
We have guides that are custom tailored for Valiant Hearts: The Great War that will show you the specific ports.
- Valiant Hearts: The Great War - Playstation 3
- Valiant Hearts: The Great War - Playstation 4
- Valiant Hearts: The Great War - Switch
- Valiant Hearts: The Great War - Xbox 360
- Valiant Hearts: The Great War - Xbox One
That's all it takes to open your ports. Want more? Check out our growing list of games and applications.