The incoming ports that need to be forwarded for VidOn Media Center are:
VidOn Media Center - Default
- TCP: 1084, 1131, 1308, 8080, 9090
- UDP: 1900, 9777, 12374
Setting Up a Port Forward for VidOn Media Center
When you use VidOn Media Center you may need to forward ports in your router. By forwarding ports you allow connection requests coming from the internet to be directed to VidOn Media Center.
Routers do not generally allow incoming connection requests from the internet. By forwarding a port you can overcome this limitation.
Before You Forward a Port
You need to know the following things before you can forward a port:
- Your router's IP address.
- The internal IP address of your media server.
- The TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
Find the IP Address of Your Router
To find your router's IP address the easy way you can use our free Router Detector software. It is part of our Network Utilities suite of tools and is free for you to use it.
We have a guide you can follow Find Your Router IP Address if you don't want to run the software.
Forwarding a Port for VidOn Media Center
You can use our Network Utilities software to automatically forward ports for you. With Network Utilities, you can easily forward ports and also un-forward ports quickly so that you can keep your network up to date with the ports that you need forwarded and maximize your network security.
Port forwarding can also be set up step-by-step by hand. The process for forwarding a port is:
- Start by logging in to your router.
- Find the port forwarding section in your router.
- Put the IP address of your media server in the proper box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for VidOn Media Center in the corresponding boxes in your router.
Frequently you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
You can choose your router from our list to see exactly how to forward ports for VidOn Media Center:
List of Routers - Customized for VidOn Media Center
That's all it takes to forward your ports for VidOn Media Center.