The incoming ports that need to be forwarded for VidOn XBMC are:
VidOn XBMC - Default
- TCP: 1084, 1131, 1308, 8080, 9090
- UDP: 1900, 9777, 12374
Forward Ports for VidOn XBMC
When you use VidOn XBMC you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is used to allow incoming connection requests from the internet to VidOn XBMC.
Routers do not generally allow incoming connection requests from the internet. Forwarding ports can work around this limitation.
Before You Forward a Port
Make sure that you know these things before forwarding a port:
- The IP address of your router.
- Your media server's internal IP address.
- The TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
Find Your Router's IP Address
You can run our free Router Detector software to locate your router's IP address. It is part of our Network Utilities suite of tools and is free for you to use it.
We have a guide you can follow Find Your Router IP Address if you don't want to run the software.
Setting Up a Port Forward for VidOn XBMC
You can use our Network Utilities software to automatically forward ports for you. Network Utilities lets you manage port forwards by putting them in when you need them and also removing the ones that you no longer need which maximized network security.
Another option is to go through the process of forwarding ports one step at a time. The process for forwarding a port is:
- Start by logging in to your router.
- Look for the port forwarding section in your router.
- Type the IP address of your media server into the correct box in your router.
- It is now time to type the TCP and UDP ports that you are forwarding for VidOn XBMC in the correct boxes in your router.
You probably will need to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
You can choose your router from our list to see exactly how to forward ports for VidOn XBMC:
List of Routers - Customized for VidOn XBMC
That is the process required to forward ports in your router for VidOn XBMC.