The following ports need to be forwarded for WiRES-X:
WiRES-X - PC
- UDP: 46100, 46110, 46112, 46114, 46120, 46122
Forward Ports for WiRES-X
You may need to forward ports in your router when you use WiRES-X. The purpose of forwarding ports is to make a direct connection from the internet to WiRES-X.
Routers generally do not allow incoming connection requests from the internet. By forwarding ports you can work around this limitation.
Remember to Do These Things Before You Forward a Port
You need to know the following things before you can forward a port:
- The internal IP address of your router.
- The internal IP address of your computer.
- Each of the TCP and UDP ports that you need to forward.
Find Your Router's IP Address
The easiest way to locate your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
Otherwise, you can follow our guide Find Your Router IP Address.
Setting Up a Port Forward for WiRES-X
The easiest way to forward your ports is to use our Network Utilities software. Network Utilities lets you manage port forwards by putting them in when you need them and also removing the ones that you no longer need which maximized network security.
Another option is to go through the process of forwarding ports one step at a time. The way to forward a port is:
- Log in to your router.
- Locate the section in your router that deals with port forwarding.
- Type the IP address of your computer into the correct box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports that you are forwarding for WiRES-X in the correct boxes in your router.
You probably will need to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
You can choose your router from our list to see exactly how to forward ports for WiRES-X:
List of Routers - Customized for WiRES-X
That is the process required to forward ports in your router for WiRES-X.