How to Forward Ports in Your Router for Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus
Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus includes the following styles of play.
- Action games are usually a bit faster than other games and require quick reflexes. You frequently jump platforms, shoot enemy mobs, climb ladders, and
- First person games are played from the perspective of the player. They typically have a gun or other weapon held out in front, but this is not always the case. Many first person games are sometimes called "shooters" because the primary goal of the game is to shoot other players or creatures, but this is not always the case.
- Shooter games are fast paced action games that are based on testing the players reaction time. They usually involve the player holding a weapon in front of them and attempting to shoot other players or characters. Some shooters are short lived arcade style, but most have both a single player mission series and some have a large multiplayer following. Common shooters include Call of Duty and Battlefield.
Forward Ports for Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus
When you are playing Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and intermittently even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- The IP address of your router.
- The IP address of the device that the game will play on: either your computer or your console.
- A list of TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
How to find your router's IP Address
The easiest way to find your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
Don't have time? Use our Network Utilities software. It's the easiest way to both open and close ports in your router. Of you can do it manually if you want.
The process for forwarding a port is generally:
- Login to your router.
- Find your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the proper box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the matching boxes in your router.
- Intermittently you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
Ports To Forward for Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus
The required ports that need to be forwarded for Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus are as follows:
Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus - PC
- TCP: 27015-27030,27036-27037
- UDP: 4380,27000-27031,27036
Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus - Playstation 4
- TCP: 1935,3478-3480
- UDP: 3074,3478-3479
Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus - Xbox One
- TCP: 3074
- UDP: 88,500,3074,3544,4500
If you want to follow guides that are custom tailored to your exact router and Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus simply follow one of these links:
- Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus - PC
- Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus - Playstation 4
- Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus - Xbox One
After that you're done - your ports should be open. Wait, there's more... Check out our growing list of games and applications.