Forward Ports on Your Router for X4: Foundations
X4: Foundations offers the following genres of gameplay.
- Games that are considered action are all about centering the player in the middle of an evolving situation.
- Simulation is a huge category of games that includes driving and flying simulators, social simulations, medical simulations, sports simulations, and even dating simulations. They attempt to mimic the real world in a way that is either educational or rewarding or both. Popular examples include SimCity, FlightGear, and Madden NFL.
Port Forward X4: Foundations
When you are playing X4: Foundations you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and on occasion even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- The IP address of your network router.
- Your gaming machine's IP address.
- A list of TCP and UDP ports to forward.
How to locate your router's IP Address
The easiest way to find your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
The easiest way to do this is to use Network Utilities. Network Utilities can forward your ports in just a few clicks, and close them back down when you are done just as easily. You can also do it the manual way.
The process for forwarding a port is usually:
- Open a web browser and navigate to your router's IP address.
- Find your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the appropriate box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the matching boxes in your router.
- Sometimes you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
Ports To Forward for X4: Foundations
The incoming ports that need to be forwarded for X4: Foundations are as follows:
X4: Foundations - Steam
- TCP: 27015-27030,27036-27037
- UDP: 4380,27000-27031,27036
X4: Foundations - PC
- We do not know the PC ports for X4: Foundations yet. If you know them please send us a message using our Message System.
If you want to follow guides that are custom tailored to your exact router and X4: Foundations simply follow one of these links:
After that your ports should be open. Check out our full game and application list for more port forwarding guides.