XCOM: Enemy Unknown is 2K Games's Turn-Based, Role-Playing, Tactical, and Strategy game with a release date in 2012.
XCOM: Enemy Unknown includes the following styles of gameplay.
- In most turn based games each player has a turn to play while the other can simply manage their options for when their turn comes around.
- In a role playing game, or RPG, the player takes on the role of the main character and helps the story line to unfold. It usually involves a very long play time, inventory management, and a deep leveling system. RPG's are usually the longest style of game. Skyrim and Fallout are amongst the most popular RPG style games.
- Tactical games are a subgenre of strategy games that focus more on operational warfare, military style tactics, and troop placement. They focus more on logistics and production than on combat, and can at times feature complex battlefield tactics.
Forward Ports for XCOM: Enemy Unknown
When you are playing XCOM: Enemy Unknown you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and frequently even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- The IP address of your network router.
- The IP address of the device that the game will play on: either your computer or your console.
- The TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
How to click the links to get to your router's IP Address
The easiest way to find your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
The fastest way to do this is to use Network Utilities. Network Utilities can forward your ports in just a few clicks, and close them back down when you are done just as easily. You can also do it the manual way.
The normal process for forwarding a port is:
- Open a web browser and navigate to your router's IP address.
- Locate your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the correct box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the corresponding boxes in your router.
- On occasion you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
Ports Required for XCOM: Enemy Unknown
The ports that need to be forwarded for XCOM: Enemy Unknown are as follows:
XCOM: Enemy Unknown - Xbox 360
- TCP: 3074
- UDP: 88, 3074
XCOM: Enemy Unknown - Playstation 3
- TCP: 3478-3480, 5223, 8080
- UDP: 3074, 3478-3479, 3658
XCOM: Enemy Unknown - PC
- TCP: 27014-27050
- UDP: 3478, 4379-4380, 27000-27031, 27036
If you want to follow guides that are custom tailored to your exact router and XCOM: Enemy Unknown simply follow one of these links:
That's all it takes to forward your ports. For more on how to port forward, check out our list of games and applications.