The following ports need to be forwarded for Xlink Kai:
Xlink Kai - PC
- UDP: 30000
Forward Ports for Xlink Kai
When you use Xlink Kai you might need to forward some ports in your router. The purpose of forwarding ports is to make a direct connection from the internet to Xlink Kai.
Routers do not generally allow incoming connection requests from the internet. By forwarding a port you can overcome this limitation.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- Your router's IP address.
- Your computer's internal IP address.
- The list of the TCP and UDP ports that you need to forward.
How to Locate Your Router's IP Address
To find your router's IP address the easy way you can use our free Router Detector software. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
Otherwise, you can follow our guide Find Your Router IP Address.
Setting Up a Port Forward for Xlink Kai
You can use our Network Utilities software to automatically forward ports for you. With Network Utilities, you can easily forward ports and also un-forward ports quickly so that you can keep your network up to date with the ports that you need forwarded and maximize your network security.
Another option is to go through the process of forwarding ports one step at a time. The way to forward a port is:
- Start by logging in to your router.
- Locate the section in your router that deals with port forwarding.
- Put the IP address of your computer in the proper box in your router.
- Enter the TCP and UDP ports that you need to forward for Xlink Kai in the corresponding boxes in your router.
You probably will need to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
You can choose your router from our list to see exactly how to forward ports for Xlink Kai:
List of Routers - Customized for Xlink Kai
Those are the steps for forwarding ports in your router for Xlink Kai.