How to Create a Port Forward in Your Router for Yooka-Laylee
Yooka-Laylee has the following styles of gameplay.
- Games that are considered action are all about centering the player in the middle of an evolving situation.
- Platform games are usually action games that require the player to hop from one platform to another, usually in some sort of acrobatic way. They are good for people with fast reflexes. They can come in short and long story varieties. Typical platform games are Super Mario Bros. and Sonic the Hedgehog.
Port Forward Yooka-Laylee
When you are playing Yooka-Laylee you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and frequently even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- Your router's IP address.
- The IP address of the device that the game will play on: either your computer or your console.
- A list of TCP and UDP ports to forward.
How to locate your Router's IP Address
The easiest way to locate your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
Most people use our Network Utilities software package to forward ports. It's the fastest way to forward ports when you need them and then close them when you do not. You can also do it by hand.
The usual process for forwarding a port is:
- Open a web browser and navigate to your router's IP address.
- Find your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the proper box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the matching boxes in your router.
- On occasion you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
Which Ports Does Yooka-Laylee Require
The necessary ports for Yooka-Laylee are as follows:
Yooka-Laylee - PC
- We do not know the PC ports for Yooka-Laylee yet. If you know them please send us a message using our Message System.
Yooka-Laylee - Playstation 4
- TCP: 1935,3478-3480
- UDP: 3074,3478-3479
Yooka-Laylee - Switch
- TCP: 6667,12400,28910,29900,29901,29920
- UDP: 1-65535
Yooka-Laylee - Xbox One
- TCP: 3074
- UDP: 88,500,3074,3544,4500
If you want to follow guides that are custom tailored to your exact router and Yooka-Laylee simply follow one of these links:
After that you're done - your ports should be open. Wait, there's more... Check out our growing list of games and applications.