The ports that need to be forwarded for Zidoo Media Center are listed here:
Zidoo Media Center - Default
- TCP: 1084, 1131, 1308, 8080, 9090
- UDP: 1900, 9777, 12374
Forward Ports for Zidoo Media Center
You might need to forward some ports in your router when you use Zidoo Media Center. Forwarding ports is used to allow incoming connection requests from the internet to Zidoo Media Center.
By default routers do not allow incoming network requests. By forwarding a port you can overcome this limitation.
Before You Forward a Port
You need to know the following things before you can forward a port:
- The internal IP address of your router.
- Your media server's IP address.
- A list of TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
Locate Your Router's IP Address
You can run our free Router Detector software to locate your router's IP address. The software is part of our Network Utilities suite of tools and it is completely free to use.
If you do not want to run the software, you can follow our Find Your Router IP Address guide.
How To Forward Ports for Zidoo Media Center
The easiest way to forward your ports is to use our Network Utilities software. Network Utilities lets you manage port forwards by putting them in when you need them and also removing the ones that you no longer need which maximized network security.
Port forwarding can also be set up step-by-step by hand. The process for forwarding a port is:
- Log in to your router.
- Find the port forwarding section in your router.
- Put the IP address of your media server in the proper box in your router.
- It is now time to type the TCP and UDP ports that you are forwarding for Zidoo Media Center in the correct boxes in your router.
Some routers need to be rebooted in order for the changes to be saved.
You can choose your router from our list to see exactly how to forward ports for Zidoo Media Center:
List of Routers - Customized for Zidoo Media Center
Those are the steps for forwarding ports in your router for Zidoo Media Center.