Your ZTE ZXHN H268A router protects your home network by limiting incoming connections from the internet. Sometimes it is necessary to unblock some of those connections like when you want to create a direct connection for gaming, use a specific application, or set up a new device on your network. This process is called forwarding or opening a port. In your ZTE ZXHN H268A router you many need to open a port, which means assigning a port number or set of port numbers to a specific IP address. This routes the incoming data to the correct device on your network.
In order to open ports in your ZTE ZXHN H268A router, you need to:
- Set up a static IP address on the device or computer you are forwarding these ports to.
- Go ahead and log in to your ZTE ZXHN H268A router.
- Find the Port Forwarding section in your ZTE ZXHN H268A router.
- Find the Internet tab at the top of the screen and click it.
- Find the Security tab located near the left of the screen and click it.
- Click the Port Forwarding tab, which is at the top right of the screen.
- Go ahead and create a Port Forwarding entry.
The process of opening ports in your ZTE ZXHN H268A router may seem daunting. Remember, however, that you are not alone and do not have to feel discouraged. Let us walk you through the steps for opening ports in your router. Let's get this figured out!
Setup A Static IP Address
If you want to ensure that your ports remain open even after your device reboots, set up a static IP address in the device that you are opening a port for.
Recommended - Our free program will setup a static IP address for you.
→ Download Network Utilities today!
Or follow our Static IP Address guides to setup a static IP address.
After setting up a static ip address on your devices you need to login to your router.
Login To Your ZTE Router
The ZTE ZXHN H268A router uses a web interface to display router settings. In order to login to the ZTE ZXHN H268A router you need to use a web browser.
Open your favorite web browser. If you don't have a favorite or are not sure what this means, open up Chrome, Firefox, or Edge. If you are already in a browser window, go ahead and open up a new tab.
We have simplified this step for you with this link: Login to your ZXHN H268A Router
Find the address bar in your browser window. This is usually found at the top of the page, like in the image below.
Above is an example of what a web browser address bar looks like. Find the address bar in your web browser and type in your router's IP address.
The ZTE ZXHN H268A router's default IP address is: 192.168.20.1
After typing your router's IP address into the address bar, make sure to click the enter button on your keyboard. You should see a box similar to the one shown below.
Go ahead and enter the username and password for the ZTE ZXHN H268A router in the spaces available. Remember if you have changed them in the past, you need to enter those values.
- The default ZTE ZXHN H268A Router Username is: admin
- The default ZTE ZXHN H268A Router Password is: admin
Enter your username and password, and then click the Login button to log in to your ZTE ZXHN H268A router.
ZTE Usernames and Passwords
If the username and password did not work, go to our Default ZTE Router Passwords page for help.
If, after trying the above list of passwords you still can't log in you may need to consider a reset for your router. Learn how to do that by reading our How to Reset a Router guide. **Note:**After resetting the ZTE ZXHN H268A router your username and password revert back to factory defaults.
Find the Port Forwarding Section
After successfully logging in to your ZTE ZXHN H268A router you should see the router's home page on your screen. Find the Port Forwarding section of your router.
- Click on the Internet tab at the top of the screen.
- Click the Security tab at the left of the screen.
- Find the Port Forwarding tab at the top right of the screen and click on it.
You should now be on a page that says Port Forwarding.
Create A Port Forward
Forwarding ports in your router creates a path that allows data to get through your network firewall, and this could lead to malicious traffic on your network. So make sure that you must forward a port before actually doing so. However, the risk is very low, so do not let this warning stop you from making this change if you need to.
Here are the ports to forward for Xbox Live:
- TCP Ports: 3074
- UDP Ports: 3074
If you are looking for the ports for a different application you can find it by either:
- Click the Plus button next to Create New Item.
- Make sure that On is selected.
- Create a name for this forward and type it into the Name box. Since the name does not have an effect on the functionality of the forward, choose a name that will help you remember why the forward was created.
- Select the protocol type of the ports that you are forwarding from the Protocol dropdown box. If your router has the option of Both, then go ahead and select that. Otherwise, select either TCP or UDP as needed. If you need to forward a port for both TCP and UDP, but your router does not have Both, then you will need to create two entries.
- You need to enter the IP address that you are forwarding ports to into the LAN Host box. This can be either the IP address of your computer or any other IP address on your network that you want ports forwarded to.
- If you are forwarding a single port number, enter it into the WAN Port box. If you are forwarding a range of ports, enter the lowest number of that range into the WAN Port box, followed by a hyphen followed by the largest number. For example, a range of port numbers might look like this: 1000-2000.
- Take the same values that you entered into the WAN Port box, and enter them into the LAN Host Port box.
- Remember to click the Apply button at the bottom of the page to apply these changes when you are completely finished.
Test Your Open Ports
Finally, test your network to see if you have forwarded ports in the ZTE ZXHN H268A router correctly. To do this you can use Network Utilities, which includes a free Open Port Checker tool. Open Port Checker is the only online port-checking tool that has Guaranteed Results.
Check Out These Helpful Guides: