The ZyXEL P 320W router has a firewall that protects your home network from unwanted Internet access. The firewall works by blocking all incoming and outgoing connections unless told otherwise. Some online games or programs run much smoother with additional connections opened. To open them you need to create a port forward.
In this guide we will walk you through each and every step in the port forwarding process for the ZyXEL P 320W router. These steps include:
- How to setup a static IP address on the exact device you want to port forward.
- How to login to the ZyXEL P 320W router.
- How to find the port forwarding section of the router.
- How and what information to enter in your router to get your ports forwarded.
It is important to setup a static ip address in the device that you are forwarding a port to. This ensures that your ports will remain open even after your device reboots.
- Recommended - Our free Static IP Setter will set up a static IP address for you.
- Another way to get a permanent IP address is to set up a DHCP reservation.
- Or, manually create a static ip address with our Static IP Guides.
This step is important because you want a permanent IP address in your device. If you do not set up a permanent IP address in your device, then when you device reboots it may get a new IP address.
TIP: It is a good idea to write this static IP address down. You need it later in step 4.
Now it is time to login to the ZyXEL P 320W router. To do this you need to use a web browser because most routers including this one use a web interface to make setting changes to the router.
Go ahead and open up a favorite web browser. Some common options are Chrome, Internet Explorer, Edge, and Firefox.
Once you have opened up the web browser find the address bar. This is typically at the top of the page like this:
Above is an example of what a web browser address bar looks like. Find the address bar in your router and type in your router's IP address.
The default ZyXEL P 320W IP Address is: 192.168.1.1 After entering the IP address of your router you can simply press Enter. If all goes well you will see the following screen:
If you don't see a screen like the one shown above or one very similar, you need to find out what the IP address was changed to. This can be done by following the directions on this How To Find Your Router's IP Address page.
You should see a box prompting you for a password.
- The Default ZyXEL P 320W Router Username is: admin
- The Default ZyXEL P 320W Router Password is: password
Enter your username and password, and then click the Login button to log in to your ZyXEL P 320W router.
ZyXEL Usernames and Passwords
This is a common place to get stuck. Here are a few things you can try:
- First, we recommend trying other ZyXEL usernames and/or passwords. If you have a slightly different firmware version you may also have a different username or password. Here is our list of different Default ZyXEL Router Passwords.
- If the above did not work, it is because the username and/or password were changed. Try guessing a few times, or use our Password Cracker. It automates the process of guessing for you.
- Finally, if both of the above did not work, it might be time to consider a factory reset. This will erase the username and revert it back to factory settings but it also erases all other settings as well. I do not recommend a factory reset unless you have exhausted all other troubleshooting methods. Here is a page on the basics of How to Reset a Router.
In this step, we will show you how to find the port forwarding section of the ZyXEL P 320W router. To do that we begin on the Home page of the device interface:
Begin by clicking the Go to Advanced Mode link in the center section of the page.
Now, click Network in the left sidebar.
At this point, a new menu should appear. Click the new option of NAT.
On this new page, you should see three tabs near the top of the page. Click the one labeled Port Forwarding
Now, on the right side of the page, find and click the button labeled Modify.
You are now on the proper page to make a port forward.
Here are the ports to forward for Xbox Live:
- TCP Ports: 3074
- UDP Ports: 3074
If you are looking for the ports for a different application you can find it by either:
Enable the Active checkbox by putting a check in it.
You need to name this entry in the Service Name box. The name does not make any difference in the forward; it's just there so that you can remember later why you setup this forward.
If you are only forwarding a single port number then enter that number into both the Start Port and the End Port boxes. If you are forwarding a range of ports separated by a hyphen then enter the lowest number of that range into the Start Port box and the highest number of that range into the End Port box.
Enter the IP address that you want to forward these ports to in the Server IP Address box. You can enter either the IP address of your computer or the IP address of another computer or device on your network.
When you are done click the Apply button.
Don't forget to click the Apply button after you are finished with each entry.
Test Your Ports
Now that you have finished port forwarding the ZyXEL P 320W router, you need to test the port forward. To do that we recommend using our Network Utilities. Our network utilities tool includes an Open Port Checker. Our Port Checker uses a local application to check and see if the ports are open, guaranteeing an accurate result.
If you are still struggling with the port forwarding process for the ZyXEL P 320W router, use our Port Forward Software. Our software makes owning a router easier than ever. It troubleshoots, diagnoses, and fixes all your port forwarding problems.
At portforward.com we have more than just port forwarding guides. Check them out here.
If you are more interested in setting up a strong wireless network, check out our other site, setuprouter.com.