Ports Required for A Way to Be Dead
The incoming ports that need to be forwarded for A Way to Be Dead are as follows:
A Way to Be Dead - Steam
- TCP: 27015, 27036
- UDP: 27015, 27031-27036
We have guides that are custom tailored for A Way to Be Dead that will show you the connection ports.
A Way to Be Dead offers the following styles of play.
- In a first person style game the main viewpoint is from the player looking forward. This can be either a first person shooter or a first person driving game.
- Survival games are usually focused on resource management, such as ammo and health, and occasionally include elements of stealth. They tend to be based on either supernatural enemies, have horror themes, or be post-apocalyptic. The primary gameplay mechanic is to simply stay alive.
- Games that are considered action are all about centering the player in the middle of an evolving situation.
- In an adventure game you generally play through a story, usually as the protagonist. They rely heavily on story telling and can be inspired from books or movies.
Forward Ports for A Way to Be Dead
When you are playing A Way to Be Dead you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and on occasion even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- Your router's IP address.
- Your gaming machine's IP address.
- A list of TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
How to locate your router's IP Address
The easiest way to find your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
The easiest way to do this is to use Network Utilities. Network Utilities can forward your ports in just a few clicks, and close them back down when you are done just as easily. You can also do it the manual way.
The process for forwarding a port is generally:
- Start by logging in to your router.
- Find your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the applicable box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the matching boxes in your router.
- Sometimes you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
That's all it takes to open your ports. Want more? Check out our growing list of games and applications.