The ports that need to be forwarded for Alien Swarm Server are listed here:
Alien Swarm Server - PC
- TCP: 27015
- UDP: 27015
Forward Ports for Alien Swarm Server
You may need to forward ports in your router when you use Alien Swarm Server. A port forward allows incoming connection requests from the internet to go straight to Alien Swarm Server.
Routers do not generally allow incoming connection requests from the internet. By forwarding ports you can work around this limitation.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- The IP address of your router.
- The internal IP address of your computer.
- Each of the TCP and UDP ports that you need to forward.
Find the IP Address of Your Router
We have free Router Detector software to help you find your router's IP address. The software is part of our Network Utilities suite of tools and it is completely free to use.
Otherwise, you can follow our guide Find Your Router IP Address.
Setting Up a Port Forward for Alien Swarm Server
You can use our Network Utilities software to automatically forward ports for you. Network Utilities lets you manage port forwards by putting them in when you need them and also removing the ones that you no longer need which maximized network security.
Another option is to go through the process of forwarding ports one step at a time. The normal process for forwarding a port is:
- Begin by logging in to your router.
- Look for the port forwarding section in your router.
- Type your computer's IP address into the correct box in your router.
- Enter the TCP and UDP ports that you need to forward for Alien Swarm Server in the corresponding boxes in your router.
Some routers need to be rebooted in order for the changes to be saved.
You can choose your router from our list to see exactly how to forward ports for Alien Swarm Server:
List of Routers - Customized for Alien Swarm Server
Those are the steps to take in order to forward ports in your router for Alien Swarm Server.