Armored Core 4 is a driving / racing style of game. Most driving / racing games are some sort of competition, and can be on land, sea, air, or outer space. In some racing games the is either 1st person in the cockpit or 3rd person such as a chase cam, while other games allow you to switch freely between the two views. Racing games are considered sports games.
Port Forward Armored Core 4
When you are playing Armored Core 4 you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and sometimes even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- Your router's IP address.
- The IP address of the device that the game will play on: either your computer or your console.
- The TCP and UDP ports to forward.
How to locate your Router's IP Address
The easiest way to locate your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
Quickly get your ports forwarded using Network Utilities. Then when you are done you can just as easily close your ports back down to keep your network as secure as possible. You can also do it manually.
The general process for forwarding a port is:
- Start by logging in to your router.
- Find your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the appropriate box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the corresponding boxes in your router.
- Sometimes you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
Which Ports Does Armored Core 4 Require
The ports that need to be forwarded in your router that need to be forwarded for Armored Core 4 are as follows:
Armored Core 4 - Xbox 360
- TCP: 3074
- UDP: 88, 3074
Armored Core 4 - Playstation 3
- TCP: 3478-3480, 5223, 8080
- UDP: 3074, 3478-3479, 3658
If you want to follow guides that are custom tailored to your exact router and Armored Core 4 simply follow one of these links:
That's all it takes to forward your ports. For more on how to port forward, check out our list of games and applications.