Fastest Asus RT-N14UHP Router Port Forwarding Instructions
This is the open port guide for the Asus RT-N14UHP 126.96.36.199.376_3754. We also have the following related guides:
Pick the guide that most closely matches your router.
Most routers including the Asus RT-N14UHP router has a firewall to help protect your home network from unwanted Internet access. Your firewall works by blocking all connections to and from your network unless already authorized. In order to authorize a connection (port) for online gaming or other program you need to make a port forward rule that tells the firewall this particular port or group of ports are okay.
In this guide we will be walking you through each of the following port forwarding steps:
- We will show you how to setup a static IP address on the device you are forwarding these ports to.
- We will then show you how to login to the Asus RT-N14UHP router.
- Next, we show you how to find the port forwarding section of the router.
- And finally, we will show you what information to enter in your router for the port forward entry.
We think that forwarding a port should be easy. That's why we created Network Utilities. Our software does everything that you need to forward a port.
When you use Network Utilities you get your port forwarded right now!
It is important to setup a static ip address in the device that you are forwarding a port to. This ensures that your ports will remain open even after your device reboots.
- Recommended - Our free program will setup a static IP address for you.
- → Download Network Utilities today!
- Or follow our Static IP Address guides to setup a static IP address.
After setting up a static ip address on your devices you need to login to your router.
You'll need this static IP address a little later, so write it down on a slip of paper.
It is now time to login to the Asus RT-N14UHP router. To do this you need to open a web browser. This can be Google, Internet Chrome, Firefox, or any other browser you want to use.
After you have opened the web browser, look for the address bar. This will typically be at the top of the page like this:
192.168.1.1 is in the address bar above. To login to the router interface you need to enter the router's IP address here. The router's IP address is also called the router's default gateway or the router's GUI address.
The default IP address for the Asus RT-N14UHP router is: 192.168.1.1
If you changed the router's IP address in the past, then enter that address instead of the one above. If you changed the IP address and don't remember what you changed it to, you need to find out what you changed it to. In order to do this, follow the directions on the How To Find Your Router's IP Address page.
Once you have entered the router's IP address in the address bar, click the Enter key on your keyboard. This should give you a dialogue box if everything went according to plan:
Enter the Username and Password. Then press the blue Sign in button to access the router's setup pages.
- The Default Asus RT-N14UHP Router Username is: admin
- The Default Asus RT-N14UHP Router Password is: password
If you are stuck at this point, don't panic there are a few things you can try:
- First, we recommend trying other Asus username/password combinations. Sometimes if you have a different firmware version you also have a different username and password combination. Here is our list of Default Asus Router Passwords.
- The second thing we recommend trying is our Find Password App. The number one reason a username and/or password does not work is because it was changed and forgotten. To help you guess use this app. Learn all about it on our Router Password Cracker page.
- Finally if the above two options did not work, it might be time to consider a factory reset. DO NOT reset your router unless you have exhausted all other troubleshooting options first. A factory reset erases everything you or your ISP has changed in the past. If you are a DSL customer you need the DSL username and password before you can reconfigure the router so be aware. If a reset is in your future, learn the basics of resetting a router on this How to Reset a Router page.
In this third step we will be showing you how to find the port forwarding section of the Asus RT-N14UHP router. To do this we begin on the Network Map:
- First, click the WAN option in the left sidebar.
- Then click the tab at the top of the page labeled Virtual Server / Port Forwarding.
Congratulations, you are on the correct page to create a port forward. All you need to do first is put a dot in the Yes radio button next to Enable Port Forwarding.
Here are the ports to forward for Xbox Live:
TCP Ports: 3074 UDP Ports: 3074
If you are looking for the ports for a different application you can find it by either:
You need to name this entry in the Service Name box. The name does not make any difference in the forward; it's just there so that you can remember later why you setup this forward.
Put the ports to forward into the Port Range box.
You can enter the ports as a list 23,24,25, a range 500-600, or a combination of both 23,45,500-600.
Enter the IP address that you are forwarding ports to in the Local IP box. This is either the IP address of a computer or the IP address of another device on your network.
Use the Protocol dropdown box to select the protocol type of the ports you are forwarding.
After you are done click the + button.
When you are finished, make sure to click the Apply button to save your changes.
Test the Port Forward
Did the port forward go through? It is always a good idea to check if the ports forwarded properly. To do this we recommend using our Free Open Port Checker. There are a lot of port checkers on the Internet but ours does not make any assumptions on what programs you have installed on that computer. Our port checker uses a local application to see if the server is listening on the desired ports. If it is, your ports are open guaranteed.
Are you still having trouble port forwarding? Here at portforward.com we believe port forwarding should be easy. Our Port Forwarding Software troubleshoots, diagnoses, and fixes all your port forwarding issues. Here at portforward.com we make port forwarding easy.
Don't forget to check out what else we have for you. We have a bunch of free guides about networking, gaming, and much more.
Need help setting up your router? setuprouter.com is the best source for setting up your home or business router.