Here is a list of the ports that need to be forwarded for an Axis 207MW:
Axis 207MW - PC
- TCP: 80
Set Up a Port Forward for an Axis 207MW
You might need to forward some ports in your router when you use an Axis 207MW. The purpose of forwarding ports is to make a direct connection from the internet to an Axis 207MW.
Routers generally do not allow incoming connection requests from the internet. Forwarding ports can work around this limitation.
Before Forwarding a Port
You need to know the following things before you can forward a port:
- Your router's internal IP address.
- Your camera's internal IP address.
- Each of the TCP and UDP ports that you need to forward.
How to Locate Your Router's IP Address
We have free Router Detector software to help you find your router's IP address. Our Router Detector tool is free to use and is part of our Network Utilities software.
If you do not want to run the software, you can follow our Find Your Router IP Address guide.
Forwarding a Port for an Axis 207MW
We have Network Utilities software that can forward ports for you. Network Utilities lets you manage port forwards by putting them in when you need them and also removing the ones that you no longer need which maximized network security.
Another option is to go through the process of forwarding ports one step at a time. The way to forward a port is:
- You can start by logging in to your router.
- Locate your routers port forwarding section.
- Put your camera's IP address in the proper box in your router.
- Enter the TCP and UDP ports that you need to forward for an Axis 207MW in the corresponding boxes in your router.
Usually you have to reboot your router in order to save the changes.
You can choose your router from our list to see exactly how to forward ports for an Axis 207MW:
List of Routers - Customized for Axis 207MW
That is the process required to forward ports in your router for an Axis 207MW.