Here is a list of the ports that need to be forwarded for an Axis M1031-W:
Axis M1031-W - PC
- TCP: 80
Setting Up a Port Forward for an Axis M1031-W
You might need to forward some ports in your router when you use an Axis M1031-W. The purpose of forwarding ports is to make a direct connection from the internet to an Axis M1031-W.
Routers are not designed to allow incoming network requests. Forwarding ports can work around this limitation.
Before Forwarding a Port
Before forwarding a port make sure that you know these things:
- Your router's IP address.
- The IP address of your camera.
- Each of the TCP and UDP ports that you need to forward.
Locate Your Router's IP Address
You can run our free Router Detector software to locate your router's IP address. It is part of our Network Utilities suite of tools and is free for you to use it.
You can also follow our Find Your Router IP Address article.
How To Set Up Port Forwarding for an Axis M1031-W
We have Network Utilities software that can forward ports for you. Since Network Utilities allows you to both forward and un-forward ports easily you can keep your network security maximized, and then forward ports only when you need them.
You can also choose to set up port forwards manually. The step-by-step process for forwarding a port is:
- You can start by logging in to your router.
- Find the port forwarding section in your router.
- Type your camera's IP address into the correct box in your router.
- It is now time to type the TCP and UDP ports that you are forwarding for an Axis M1031-W in the correct boxes in your router.
You probably will need to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
You can choose your router from our list to see exactly how to forward ports for an Axis M1031-W:
List of Routers - Customized for Axis M1031-W
Those are the steps to take in order to forward ports in your router for an Axis M1031-W.