The incoming ports that need to be forwarded for an Axis P1344 are:
Axis P1344 - PC
- TCP: 80
Set Up a Port Forward for an Axis P1344
You might need to forward some ports in your router when you use an Axis P1344. By forwarding ports you allow connection requests coming from the internet to be directed to an Axis P1344.
Routers generally do not allow incoming connection requests from the internet. Forwarding ports can work around this limitation.
Remember to Do These Things Before You Forward a Port
Make sure that you know these things before forwarding a port:
- The IP address of your router.
- The IP address of your camera.
- Each of the TCP and UDP ports that you need to forward.
Find Your Router's IP Address
The easiest way to locate your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. Our Router Detector tool is free to use and is part of our Network Utilities software.
If you do not want to run the software, you can follow our Find Your Router IP Address guide.
How To Set Up Port Forwarding for an Axis P1344
You can use our Network Utilities software to automatically forward ports for you. Network Utilities lets you manage port forwards by putting them in when you need them and also removing the ones that you no longer need which maximized network security.
Alternatively you can do it by hand. The way to forward a port is:
- You can start by logging in to your router.
- Locate your routers port forwarding section.
- Type your camera's IP address into the correct box in your router.
- It is now time to type the TCP and UDP ports that you are forwarding for an Axis P1344 in the correct boxes in your router.
Frequently you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
You can choose your router from our list to see exactly how to forward ports for an Axis P1344:
List of Routers - Customized for Axis P1344
Those are the steps to take in order to forward ports in your router for an Axis P1344.