Your Baudtec PLDT RN104R5GCH2-A0 router has a very basic firewall that helps keep your home network from unwanted Internet activity. The firewall works by blocking all connections that have not been authorized by the router. Some gaming and programs run a lot smoother if you allow additional connections through the firewall. The process of opening additional connections through the firewall is called a port forward.
Each router on the market forwards ports a little differently. In this guide I will be walking through each step in the port forwarding process for the Baudtec PLDT RN104R5GCH2-A0 router. The steps I will walk you through are:
- How to setup a static IP address on the device you plan on forwarding these ports to.
- How to login to the Baudtec PLDT RN104R5GCH2-A0 router web interface.
- How to find the port forwarding page in the router's web interface.
- How to setup a port forward for the online game or program of your choice.
It is important to setup a static ip address in the device that you are forwarding a port to. This ensures that your ports will remain open even after your device reboots.
- Recommended - Our free program will setup a static IP address for you. Download Network Utilities today!
- Another highly recommended way of getting a permanent IP address is to set up a DHCP Reservation.
- Or, follow our Static IP Address Setup guides.
With DHCP reservations you can manage your devices from your router. This centralizes the management of your network and helps prevent IP address conflicts. Using this method you do not have to log in to your devices separately.
TIP: Write this static IP address down. You need it in Step 4.
It is now time to login to the Baudtec PLDT RN104R5GCH2-A0 router. To do this you need to open a web browser. It normally doesn't matter which browser you decide to choose, I recommend picking your favorite such as Chrome, Edge, Internet Explorer, or Firefox.
Now that you have opened the web browser, find the address bar on the web page. This is normally at the top like this:
Above is an example of what a web browser address bar looks like. Find the address bar in your router and type in your router's IP address.
The default Baudtec RN104R5GCH2-A0 IP Address is: 192.168.1.1
Press the ENTER key on your keyboard. If everything goes according to plan you will see a login page like the one below:
If you do not get a login page (whether it looks like the one above or not) you need to find out if your router's IP address has been changed. To do this we recommend following our directions on the How To Find Your Router's IP Address page.
- The Default Baudtec RN104R5GCH2-A0 Router Username is: admin
- The Default Baudtec RN104R5GCH2-A0 Router Password is: password
Finally, press the OK or Login button to access the router user interface.
This is a pretty common place to get stuck. If you find yourself here, don't panic, there are a few things you can try:
- First, check all the different Baudtec default combinations. Here is our list of all known Default Baudtec Router Passwords.
- Second, try and guess what the password/username was changed to. Use our Find Password App to make this step easier.
- Finally, if you are still stuck after trying both of the above options, it may be time to consider a factory reset. Learn more about this option on the How to Reset a Router page.
In this third step we will be finding the port forwarding section of the Baudtec PLDT RN104R5GCH2-A0 router. We begin on the Router Status page:
Begin by opening up the option of Services in the left sidebar.
Then choose the Firewall option.
Finally, choose the link in the left sidebar labeled Port Forwarding.
You are now on the correct page to make a port forward entry.
Here are the ports to forward for Xbox Live:
- TCP Ports: 3074
- UDP Ports: 3074
If you are looking for the ports for a different application you can find it by either:
You need to name this entry in the Comment box. The name does not make any difference in the forward; it's just there so that you can remember later why you setup this forward.
Enter the IP address of the device that you want to forward ports to into the Local IP box. This can be either the IP address of your computer or the IP address of another device on your network.
If you are forwarding a single port, enter that port number into the Local Port from, Local Port to, Remote Port from and Remote Port to boxes. If you are forwarding a range of ports, enter the lowest number of the range into the Local Port from and Remote Port from boxes. Then enter the highest number of the range into the Local Port to and Remote Port to boxes.
The protocol that you want to forward is selected from the Protocol box.
The Remote IP box cab be left blank.
In the Interface dropdown box select Any.
Don't forget to save your changes after you enter your port forward information.
Test Your Ports
Are your the ports you just forwarded really open? An easy way to find out is use our free Open Port Checker. It uses a local application to see if the ports are open or not. This guarantees our port checkers accuracy.
Check out our other guides here. We have a growing list of free gaming, networking, and software guides here at portforward.com.
Our other site setuprouter.com can help you setup a secure home network with your exact router.