How to Port Forward Black and White
Black and White is EA's Simulation game released in 1998.
Black and White is a simulation game. In a simulation game the main goal is to simulate a real life situation either for entertainment or education. There are many different types of simulation games such as flying, sports, driving, and farming. One of the earliest simulation games was SimCity which is considered a social simulation game.
Forward Ports for Black and White
When you are playing Black and White you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and frequently even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- Your router's IP address.
- The IP address of the device that the game will play on: either your computer or your console.
- A list of TCP and UDP ports to forward.
How to click the links to get to your router's IP Address
The easiest way to click the links to get to your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
Use our Network Utilities for a quick way to get your ports forwarded. Network utilities makes it easy to enable and disable your port forwards to keep your network security as tight as possible. You can also do it by hand by following these steps.
The usual process for forwarding a port is:
- Open a web browser and navigate to your router's IP address.
- Find your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the proper box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the matching boxes in your router.
- Sometimes you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
Which Ports Does Black and White Require
The incoming connection ports that need to be forwarded for Black and White are as follows:
Black and White - PC
- TCP: 2611-2612,6500,6667,27900
- UDP: 2611-2612,6500,6667,27900
We have guides that are custom tailored for Black and White that will show you the required ports that need to be forwarded.
After following those steps your ports should be forwarded. Head to our applications and games list for more port forwarding guides.