The ports that need to be forwarded for a Cisco WVC210 are listed here:
Cisco WVC210 - PC
- TCP: 80
Forward Ports for a Cisco WVC210
You might need to forward some ports in your router when you use a Cisco WVC210. The purpose of forwarding ports is to make a direct connection from the internet to a Cisco WVC210.
Routers do not generally allow incoming connection requests from the internet. By forwarding a port you can overcome this limitation.
Before You Forward a Port
You need to know the following things before you can forward a port:
- Your router's internal IP address.
- The internal IP address of your camera.
- A list of TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
How to Locate Your Router's IP Address
To find your router's IP address the easy way you can use our free Router Detector software. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
Otherwise, you can follow our guide Find Your Router IP Address.
How To Set Up Port Forwarding for a Cisco WVC210
The easiest way to forward your ports is to use our Network Utilities software. With Network Utilities, you can easily forward ports and also un-forward ports quickly so that you can keep your network up to date with the ports that you need forwarded and maximize your network security.
You can also choose to set up port forwards manually. The normal process for forwarding a port is:
- Begin by logging in to your router.
- Find the port forwarding section in your router.
- Type your camera's IP address into the correct box in your router.
- Enter the TCP and UDP ports that you need to forward for a Cisco WVC210 in the corresponding boxes in your router.
Some routers need to be rebooted in order for the changes to be saved.
You can choose your router from our list to see exactly how to forward ports for a Cisco WVC210:
List of Routers - Customized for Cisco WVC210
Those are the steps to take in order to forward ports in your router for a Cisco WVC210.