The ports that need to be forwarded for Counter-Strike: Source Server are listed here:
Counter-Strike: Source Server - PC
- TCP: 27015
- UDP: 27015, 27020
Forwarding Ports for Counter-Strike: Source Server
When you use Counter-Strike: Source Server you may need to forward ports in your router. Forwarding ports is used to allow incoming connection requests from the internet to Counter-Strike: Source Server.
Routers do not generally allow incoming connection requests from the internet. Forwarding ports can work around this limitation.
Remember to Do These Things Before You Forward a Port
You need to know the following things before you can forward a port:
- Your router's internal IP address.
- Your computer's internal IP address.
- Each of the TCP and UDP ports that you need to forward.
Find the IP Address of Your Router
The easiest way to locate your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
If you do not want to run the software, you can follow our Find Your Router IP Address guide.
How To Forward Ports for Counter-Strike: Source Server
You can use our Network Utilities software to automatically forward ports for you. Our Network Utilities software allows you to add port forwards and also remove them when you no longer need them to maximize your network security.
Alternatively you can do it by hand. The process for forwarding a port is:
- Start by logging in to your router.
- Locate the section in your router that deals with port forwarding.
- Type your computer's IP address into the correct box in your router.
- Enter the TCP and UDP ports that you need to forward for Counter-Strike: Source Server in the corresponding boxes in your router.
You probably will need to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
You can choose your router from our list to see exactly how to forward ports for Counter-Strike: Source Server:
List of Routers - Customized for Counter-Strike: Source Server
Those are the steps for forwarding ports in your router for Counter-Strike: Source Server.