The incoming ports that need to be forwarded for a CP Plus CP-0801H1-XU are:
CP Plus CP-0801H1-XU - PC
- TCP: 25001
- UDP: 25002
Setting Up a Port Forward for a CP Plus CP-0801H1-XU
You might need to forward some ports in your router when you use a CP Plus CP-0801H1-XU. The purpose of forwarding ports is to make a direct connection from the internet to a CP Plus CP-0801H1-XU.
By default routers do not allow incoming network requests. By forwarding a port you can overcome this limitation.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- The internal IP address of your router.
- Your camera's internal IP address.
- A list of TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
How to Locate Your Router's IP Address
You can run our free Router Detector software to locate your router's IP address. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
You can also follow our Find Your Router IP Address article.
How To Forward Ports for a CP Plus CP-0801H1-XU
You can use our Network Utilities software to automatically forward ports for you. Our Network Utilities software allows you to add port forwards and also remove them when you no longer need them to maximize your network security.
You can also choose to set up port forwards manually. The step-by-step process for forwarding a port is:
- Begin by logging in to your router.
- Locate the section in your router that deals with port forwarding.
- Put your camera's IP address in the proper box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports that you are forwarding for a CP Plus CP-0801H1-XU in the correct boxes in your router.
Some routers need to be rebooted in order for the changes to be saved.
You can choose your router from our list to see exactly how to forward ports for a CP Plus CP-0801H1-XU:
List of Routers - Customized for CP Plus CP-0801H1-XU
That is the process required to forward ports in your router for a CP Plus CP-0801H1-XU.