Curious Expedition 2 offers the following styles of play.
- Turn based games have each player take a dedicated turn. Players can frequently manage their inventory, cards, or characters while the other player is making their move.
- In a role playing game, or RPG, the player takes on the role of the main character and helps the story line to unfold. It usually involves a very long play time, inventory management, and a deep leveling system. RPG's are usually the longest style of game. Skyrim and Fallout are amongst the most popular RPG style games.
- An adventure game is where the player is usually the protagonist and plays through an evolving story. The storyline is the driving part of an adventure game.
- In a strategy game the player is required to use skillful thinking and a strong focus on planning ahead in order to achieve victory over their opponent. They can be either single player against bots or multiplayer against other players. They come in both turn-based and real-time versions, the former allowing each player a chance to complete their turn, the latter having a continuous running clock without stopping. Resource management and exploration are common themes in strategy games.
- Simulation is a huge category of games that includes driving and flying simulators, social simulations, medical simulations, sports simulations, and even dating simulations. They attempt to mimic the real world in a way that is either educational or rewarding or both. Popular examples include SimCity, FlightGear, and Madden NFL.
Port Forward Curious Expedition 2
When you are playing Curious Expedition 2 you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and sometimes even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- The IP address of your network router.
- The IP address of the device that the game will play on: either your computer or your console.
- A list of TCP and UDP ports to forward.
How to find your router's IP Address
The easiest way to locate your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
Don't have time? Use our Network Utilities software. It's the easiest way to both open and close ports in your router. Of you can do it manually if you want.
The normal process for forwarding a port is:
- Open a web browser and navigate to your router's IP address.
- Locate your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the applicable box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the matching boxes in your router.
- On occasion you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
Ports Required for Curious Expedition 2
The specific ports for Curious Expedition 2 are as follows:
Curious Expedition 2 - Steam
- TCP: 27015-27030, 27036-27037
- UDP: 4380, 27000-27031, 27036
Curious Expedition 2 - PC
- We do not know the PC ports for Curious Expedition 2 yet. If you know them please send us a message using our Message System.
Curious Expedition 2 - Playstation 4
- TCP: 1935, 3478-3480
- UDP: 3074, 3478-3479
Curious Expedition 2 - Xbox One
- TCP: 3074
- UDP: 88, 500, 3074, 3544, 4500
Curious Expedition 2 - Switch
- TCP: 6667, 12400, 28910, 29900, 29901, 29920
- UDP: 1-65535
If you want to follow guides that are custom tailored to your exact router and Curious Expedition 2 simply follow one of these links:
- Curious Expedition 2 - Steam
- Curious Expedition 2 - Playstation 4
- Curious Expedition 2 - Xbox One
- Curious Expedition 2 - Switch
That's all it takes to forward your ports. For more on how to port forward, check out our list of games and applications.